Need a topic for a paper.

ViRaLRuSh

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2002
I have to write a 10 page paper for a class this summer. I have to pick an emerging infectious disease for it. Any recommendations? I was probably just going to write about AIDS since there's so much info on it. LMK what you think.

xospec1alk

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2002
i dunno if you've heard, but theres this one.....lemme think about it...i think its called.. SARS? :)

ViRaLRuSh

Golden Member
Nov 15, 2002
Originally posted by: JetBlack69
Originally posted by: xospec1alk
i dunno if you've heard, but theres this one.....lemme think about it...i think its called.. SARS? :)

Yeah but you're telling me there's AS MUCH info on SARS as there is AIDS? You must be foolish.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: NoSkillz
Originally posted by: JetBlack69
Originally posted by: xospec1alk

Yeah but you're telling me there's AS MUCH info on SARS as there is AIDS? You must be foolish.

I wouldn't say AIDS is emerging. It has been "emerging" in Africa for years now. Sad situation down there and most people don't care. I think SARS would work because the CDC and WHO have already published a wealth of information on their websites. You would have to use websites for the bulk of your sources, and then journals and magazines for the rest.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
"The relationship between having money and wanting money: A case study in poverty."

Go for it.

everman

Lifer
Nov 5, 2002
SARS would be interesting to write a paper on, the disease itself has some similarities to AIDS (how it works). AIDS would probably be easier though.