Need a small but clean digital cam

Texun

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2001
I've got a couple of Canon Power shots and I am fairly happy with the images they produce. What I *think* I want now is a small digital camera like the Nikon L10 or Sony Cybershot DSC-S700 that I can slip in my shirt pocket while riding my motorcycle - AA batteries would be preferred.

I often like to stop, take a few shots and move on. When I use the Powershot I carry it on my belt in a zip case which makes it bit more bulky than I prefer when riding. Naturally I want the best and I would like it small and cheap and breakfast in the morning. Knowing I can't have it all I wanted to ask those of you who are digital gurus what you would suggest. I was leaning toward the Nikon until I heard someone mention significant noise. I would rather have a good lens and pull back on megapixils if I could get a photo with good color and little noise or distortion. Even a 3-5 megapix would be fine for my scooter. Is the Carl Ziess lense better than the Nikkor?

I read the review at Steve's Digicams, and while he said they were entry level he did not rip them apart in the review.

Thanks! :beer: