Need a simple (and cheap) noisemaker and light for some wall testing

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Ime having a hard time dragging cable through the walls between 2 floors so I need something that can help me find obstacles and such. Any ideas on what I can use for these things? I need something small that I can attach to a string and drop it in the walls, so I can see and hear where the string is in the walls.

chiwawa626

Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Um, go down to radioshack and pickup a pair of those x-ray goggles :)

The best thing would be is to go to homedepot and get the steel fishing cable, its about 20 bux, 20 feet, u tie ur wire to it and fish that down, since its steel it wont bend too easy and ull know when uve hit something since it wont go down anymore....

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
The problem with the steel cable is that its not going to give me location of the obstacles and such. With the light and noisemaker, I can hear it through the walls and it will be a 1 person job, instead of someone sitting in my room jiggling the steel cable

hmmm, an interesting link just came up on ebay...a remote control fart machine. Imagine the mayhem when my parents and grandma hear that in the walls at night :D

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
Originally posted by: NuclearFusi0n1
isn't this what a stud finder is for?

Those don't work for me, because it senses one all the time whenever I'm around it.

rolleye.gif

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
chiwawa, why u selling your Bit Char G? Its not as good as it was made out to be or something? Mine should come in sometime this week.

MaxDSP

Lifer
May 15, 2001
Originally posted by: chiwawa626
Its good as its made out to be but i ordered another one already :) plus this was a extra one...

ah, I see. Cant wait to get mine on the 8th

BTW, .............bump :D