• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Need a Replacement Power Cord for Sharp Amplifier

zutozman

Nov 13, 2020
I have a Sharp SM-SX1 1 bit amplifier but have lost the power cord and need a replacement.
I'm confused as to which wire gauge, voltage and amperage I need for the replacement. Can someone help me with the correct power cord to buy?
I have attached pictures of the AC input and power source and power consumption from the amp.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
It's a very low power amp, any standard IAC power cord, like used on computers or whatever, will work fine. They don't even make them in too high a gauge to handle a mere 51W, so current is not relevant in this case and voltage, it just has to have the same wall plug that fits your wall outlet.

Most of us already have a bunch of those lying around since they often come with a new PSU, but here's an example for the US on Amazon.

Lower gauge won't hurt, but it isn't needed. 51W is less than half an amp and even that is if they used an honest rating rather than a peak power, audio rating.

Last edited:

zutozman

Nov 13, 2020
Thanks. That's why I rely on AnandTech. You always get the right answer and solution to issues. I appreciate your help

ASK THE COMMUNITY