Need a program that sends keyboard commands at specific time intervals

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Hey guys, this is going to sound weird, but i need a simple program that sends a keyboard command at specific time intervals. For example, every 5 minutes i need the 'l' key to be 'pressed'... if possible, i'd like to be able to assign several keys to be depressed at different intervals.

Is there such a thing? Thanks!

ArtShapiro

May 6, 2011
The freeware program Caffeine does that for two specific keys (left shift or F15) as a keep-awake utility. I use it heavily at work to avoid the mandatory locked screensaver kick-in, as it is more reliable than the water-based bobbing duck on an auxiliary keyboard. I wonder if they (Zhorn Software) could be persuaded to part with a skeleton of the source code.

At least this proves that the concept is valid for your need.

Art

Blazer7

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2007
AutoIt is far more suitable except it is not easy to use. On the contrary it is quite a pain to create scripts with it.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Thanks guys... ugh, i don't want to script but if it comes to that :)

The freeware program Caffeine does that for two specific keys (left shift or F15) as a keep-awake utility. I use it heavily at work to avoid the mandatory locked screensaver kick-in, as it is more reliable than the water-based bobbing duck on an auxiliary keyboard. I wonder if they (Zhorn Software) could be persuaded to part with a skeleton of the source code.

At least this proves that the concept is valid for your need.

Art

Ahhh nuts, every 59 seconds though, according to the description, need to be able to modify it to like 3 minutes

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Drinking-Bird-Simpsons-01.jpg