Need a new TV for gaming, movies/tv. < 1000USD

hannibal2469

Apr 26, 2020
I have seen a bunch of reviews and it looks like the the TCL 6 series is my best option for both gaming and TV/movies. I just wanted to double check to see if I am missing anything, is there any reason not to get this TV for this budget? Are the speakers bad? Are there any reliability issues on this TV? Is this TV a panel lottery?

Also I hear that TCL is coming out with an upgrade for the 6 series with mini leds, is that worth waiting for and when is it coming out? I cant find anything online.

Thanks

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
I have seen a bunch of reviews and it looks like the the TCL 6 series is my best option for both gaming and TV/movies. I just wanted to double check to see if I am missing anything, is there any reason not to get this TV for this budget? Are the speakers bad? Are there any reliability issues on this TV? Is this TV a panel lottery?

Also I hear that TCL is coming out with an upgrade for the 6 series with mini leds, is that worth waiting for and when is it coming out? I cant find anything online.

Thanks
well what tv do you have now? what size are we talking about? the previous tcl where hit or miss with great or shit panels, not sure about the newest qled version they have out, its most likely all good but for the price id prob go with a samsung just because im always thinking "for a little bit more i can get..."

hannibal2469

Apr 26, 2020
well what tv do you have now? what size are we talking about? the previous tcl where hit or miss with great or shit panels, not sure about the newest qled version they have out, its most likely all good but for the price id prob go with a samsung just because im always thinking "for a little bit more i can get..."
Right now I do not have a TV. I am looking for something 50 inch or smaller but I only see 55 inch panels among all the popular models.

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
Right now I do not have a TV. I am looking for something 50 inch or smaller but I only see 55 inch panels among all the popular models.
55 is close enough to 50.. seems like its true the good ones are 55+ since the 49" of the same model i recommend only has 60hz refresh instead of 120@1440p