Need a new mouse, Suggestions?

FerraraZ

Feb 10, 2008
Firstly I have been using a Razer Lachesis for off and on a year. Its the worst mouse I've ever had, shoddy performance and inaccurate lazer pick up has made stuff like gaming a hassle. Imagine your mouse cursing sometimes staying stationary for half a second while you try to blow someone's brains away!

Anyway for black Friday I'm going to buy a new mouse, I would like to have a wireless mouse but its got to be rechargeable. I'm also find with a wired mouse but wireless is a bonus because then I could sit on my couch while watching movies on a projector without having to keep getting up.

Paperlantern

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2003
MX518, DeathAdder, or a Copperhead.

X2 to the MX518, its like a 6 - 7 year old model or something, maybe more, but its an insane gaming mouse, ive had one for at least 5 years. Logitech will replace them at any sign of failure with very little troubleshooting involved. I am, or at least WAS an avid gamer with 6 hours a day easy even with a full time job for a good while and this mouse lasted me WAY over a year before a replacement was needed, and even then i had it in just a couple days and was back in business.

I game much less now, but still use the 518 as it is a superb mouse.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
The best way to get a feel for what mouse you'd think is the best is to go to BestBuy/whatever big-box retailer near you and to try out all the mice. Personally, I hate all Razer mice, love Logitech mice, and am partial to Microsoft's mice. That said, Newegg has (I think it's the first-gen) the Sidewinder for $25. If you've never tried a Sidewinder, check it out - the one I tested at Best Buy seemed like it had great build quality and was a solid mouse. I would get it if I didn't already own a G5.