Need a new gaming mouse

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
I'm in need of a new mouse, I'm currently using a Razer Taipan and I love the design but it doesn't play nice with my PC, I've had several Razer mice (and keyboard) in the past and I'm probably not going to get another Razer, also I've had Steelseries Xai and Sensei and several others going years back.

I'm left handed so I need an ambidextrous mouse (side buttons on both sides) and I hold the mouse with the claw grip so I rarely ever use the right mouse button (thumb on side button for aim in shooters, etc). The market for left handed and ambidextrous configuration is so small.

Been considering either another Steelseries Sensei or perhaps a Zowie ZA12. Any other suggestions?

Last edited:

giantpandaman2

Oct 17, 2005
Logitech G900. Way expensive though. For a lefty you can switch the buttons to the right side of the mouse.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Razer deathadder is solid, comes in right handed or left handed variants, though I believe the left handed one tends to have a price premium.

TeknoBug

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2013
Razer deathadder is solid, comes in right handed or left handed variants, though I believe the left handed one tends to have a price premium.
Yes I went through 2 of them, first one broke, second one left button wore out (less than a year) but it was a bit of an uncomfortable moues too. I had a Diamondback (pre 3G) for almost 8 years which was a fantastic mouse then a Copperhead (which died in a month) then the 2 Deathaddr and now the Taipan, really like the feel of the Taipan but i have to disconnect and reconnect it often otherwise it works.

Also had a Razer keyboard, wire came out of the keyboard on its own and I'm not good enough to solder the wires back in the circuit so I tossed it.

So you can see why I'm done with Razer.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Yes I went through 2 of them, first one broke, second one left button wore out (less than a year) but it was a bit of an uncomfortable moues too. I had a Diamondback (pre 3G) for almost 8 years which was a fantastic mouse then a Copperhead (which died in a month) then the 2 Deathaddr and now the Taipan, really like the feel of the Taipan but i have to disconnect and reconnect it often otherwise it works.

Also had a Razer keyboard, wire came out of the keyboard on its own and I'm not good enough to solder the wires back in the circuit so I tossed it.

So you can see why I'm done with Razer.

Understandable, I moved from a deathadder to a corsair M65 myself.

adamantine.me

Oct 30, 2015
www.adamantine.me
Understandable, I moved from a deathadder to a corsair M65 myself.

Moved from a Logitech to M65. Actually got the M65 for less, and the software for the macros is better as far as I can tell currently. It's extremely simple to program and edit, whereas with Logitech it took a little longer. Also the auto-calibrate tool is really neat. I'm impressed with it, even though I was never one to go for flashy colors.

SnooSnoo

Jun 14, 2011
Crap, didn't se you're lefthanded. Sorry. :(
Maybe this will help:

Last edited: