need a fix

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
hey iam using a e8400 @ 3.6ghz (runs hot but who cares even if it burns down)
and iam using a 8800 gt @ 600/1800

now in games like assassins creed i get a fps of 30 @ 1680 x 1080
iam using view sonic 22" entry level model

and in age of empires (iam getting a fps of 20 ~ 30 @ 1280 x 1024 :(( wtf ??)
i would like to say that iam using pirated versions of these games dunno if that influences the fps

so now i decided its high time for a upgrade for my machine
so shld i ditch the gpu or the cpu or shld i wait or is this best

at present i have some loss cash for this work but that doesnt mean i will go and buy a 280 or a core 2 extreme

my budget is like for abt 400$

as iam living in india rougly add 50$ to 75$ dollars on all the components prices
and iam not gonna ditch my ram its very very gud @ 800 mhz

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
hey another thing i would like any one to suggest me some nice game as iam bored with the same old stuff
and iam not at all intrested in linear games like crysis in which u only have to kill ppl and u only get to move in one particular direction

iam the biggest fan of non linear game play mode or pseudo linear game play mode
strategy games would also be great anything but company of heroes
racing and sports games are not my stuff

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Originally posted by: ganesh1

i would like to say that iam using pirated versions of these games dunno if that influences the fps

So you're willing to dish out 400$ for an upgrade yet you don't want to buy games (but pirate them instead)? Are you like 12 or something? It's like buying an expensive car and stealing gas...

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
qbah i surely want to buy originals but they r not available in the part of india i live in dont knw abt mumbai and delhi
and i dont want to order them over the net cause i dont have credit cards thats a bit off the high way though

and yes the gpu is not under clocked ironically i oced it a bit to 650 / 1900 using ntuner (i knw its not permanent but its xfx cards dont wnt to take any chances )
and iam using a 600 watt cooler master extreme power psu dont knw wheither its suffiecnt or not

and by the way i recently dropped my clock speed back to normal that is at 3.0 ghz cause i didnt see any sigificant change in the performance
so the ram is back to 667 mhz so is the ram my concern here ??

Denithor

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2004
Double post

You should only post in one forum & wait for answers there instead of asking about the same problem in multiple forums.

Check your other thread for my answer.

polarbear6

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2008
yeah i knw i double posted it i thought it to be more relavant there but i accedentally posted it here then i thought moderators are gonna kill this post so i posted it again there
sry if it created any confusion