Need 27/28 inch monitor to replace POS HannsG281D

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
My HannsG 281D died after flickering intermittently then just showing a black screen. I stupidly bought the updated version of the same model the HZ281. This one lasted just 5 weeks before failing. Can anyone recommend a decent 27/28 inch monitor ideally 1920/1200 (I don't think many exist these days) or higher resolution (would consider 1920/1080) that won't empty my bank account and isn't guaranteed to fail in a few months. Also don't buy HannsG monitors, they look quite nice but fail really quick.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
I did consider the dell U2711 originally and wish I'd bought it. Not at all sure about the Auria brand. I've never heard of them and HannsG has left a bad taste about buying from unknown or 'new' monitor brands. I don't have a budget as such but want a monitor that lasts without spending an awful lot. I wish I'd taken the same approach to monitors as I take to all my other PC components.

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003
I know what you mean about the off brand stuff, I feel the same. Some users have reported an issue or two, but for the most part the monitor has been well received. Threads on OCN and [H] about it, if you're interested in checking it out.

Jacky60

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2010
Thanks for that Aakshaytalwar. You should have just said "buy something" without all the unnecessary detail and information.The monitor will chiefly be used for gaming plus watching films/websurfing.

Last edited: