Ned Luke (Michael De Santa of GTA V) Supports Gun Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baasha

Golden Member
Jan 4, 2010
I saw this video that was quite powerful - came across it when looking at some GTA V videos on YouTube.

Link: https://youtu.be/kQK874rvQBQ

It's Michael De Santa (or Ned Luke IRL) and he clearly supports gun control, which is a good thing IMO.

He makes the people who enter the 'store' think more deeply about the history of each type of weapon they are interested in.

The gun culture of America is so ingrained and politicized that there isn't even a proper conversation allowed on the pros and cons of gun ownership by ordinary citizens.

Before people jump on Luke about "hypocrisy", he is free to have his opinion no matter what he portrays in a video game.

What do you guys think of this video and Ned Luke's stance on gun control given the fact that he plays a ruthless mass murderer in a video game (GTA V)?

20130510025007.jpg

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Lmao opening a store like that in NY is like preaching to the choir. Opening it in Georgia would've taken balls.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Before people jump on Luke about "hypocrisy", he is free to have his opinion no matter what he portrays in a video game.

He maybe free to have an opinion but that does not means others are not free to criticize and attack that opinion, i.e. point out his hypocrisy.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
He maybe free to have an opinion but that does not means others are not free to criticize and attack that opinion, i.e. point out his hypocrisy.

I don't find hypocrisy. Michael is an ass of a character whose life is a failure. Guns never work out well for him. He'd do much better without them :D

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
I saw this video that was quite powerful - came across it when looking at some GTA V videos on YouTube.

Link: https://youtu.be/kQK874rvQBQ

It's Michael De Santa (or Ned Luke IRL) and he clearly supports gun control, which is a good thing IMO.

He makes the people who enter the 'store' think more deeply about the history of each type of weapon they are interested in.

The gun culture of America is so ingrained and politicized that there isn't even a proper conversation allowed on the pros and cons of gun ownership by ordinary citizens.

What do you guys think of this video and Ned Luke's stance on gun control given the fact that he plays a ruthless mass murderer in a video game (GTA V)?

20130510025007.jpg

You know that the store didn't really exist as a gun store right? And that those were all actors?

Feb 6, 2007
How is an actor playing a character they don't agree with "hypocrisy"? Anthony Hopkins doesn't actually kill and eat people; what a hypocrite.

mizzou

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2008
If there was a gun shop that only sold guns "used" in that way, you could probably get some good deals. I would pay for a exorcism though before taking it home.

computergod

Mar 25, 2014
ya only a criminal Michael Da Santa would want to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

Look at what drug control has done to drugs. Created profit for the government mainly the police and arrested people that what to kill others and them self's. And don't tell me drugs don't kill people they do.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I have no idea who the guy is, but based on information in the OP apparently Ned Luke is a moron.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
How is an actor playing a character they don't agree with "hypocrisy"? Anthony Hopkins doesn't actually kill and eat people; what a hypocrite.

Yeah well, if you are so confident about that, why don't you invite Hopkins over for dinner?

huh?

Why not? Go ahead, we're waiting! :colbert:

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
An interesting point is that in New York state it's actually illegal for a person who has no pistol permit to even touch a pistol, so unless all of those were non-functional prop pieces (and if they were, they couldn't have been the actual guns they claim to have been), there were multiple felonies in that video.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Lmao opening a store like that in NY is like preaching to the choir. Opening it in Georgia would've taken balls.
lol This.

Have you seen the typical American diet? You wouldn't eat them either.
LMAO! +1

That's my plan, be a fat old bastard to discourage cannibals. Best think about your cholesterol, Tony boy.

An interesting point is that in New York state it's actually illegal for a person who has no pistol permit to even touch a pistol, so unless all of those were non-functional prop pieces (and if they were, they couldn't have been the actual guns they claim to have been), there were multiple felonies in that video.
Silly rabbit, laws don't apply to proggies when they are saving the world!

Status
Not open for further replies.