(NECRO) Anyone ever have appendicitis? [UPDATE PIC] Appendix out!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
Hmm, that kind of describes my pain I get every one in a while. I'll have pretty bad pain in my stomach area and right side for a couple days, but it'll go away. Then it comes back a couple months later. I thought of the appendix when it first happened but then it went away. Could also be gas pains like others said, or I've also considered kidney stones. Though I've never had anything happen later to confirm kidney stones.

I also had kidney stones on that side. I think there is thread here about it. The stone was so large it wouldn't leave my kidney and it blocked it up. they had to run tubes up into the kidney to drain it and then use sound to crush the stone so I could give birth to it in pieces.

Apr 20, 2008
I also had kidney stones on that side. I think there is thread here about it. The stone was so large it wouldn't leave my kidney and it blocked it up. they had to run tubes up into the kidney to drain it and then use sound to crush the stone so I could give birth to it in pieces.

I would have been...

:colbert: You're fucking kidding, me, right? :colbert:

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
No the whole "run a tube up your penis into your bladder and up to your kidney leaving a string hanging out the tip for 3 weeks" thing got me saying that. The crushing the 5cm stone with sound, well at that point I had pain killers....

The pulling the tube out part...now that was a "your fucking kidding me" moment.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
No the whole "run a tube up your penis into your bladder and up to your kidney leaving a string hanging out the tip for 3 weeks" thing got me saying that. The crushing the 5cm stone with sound, well at that point I had pain killers....

The pulling the tube out part...now that was a "your fucking kidding me" moment.

That'd be a "You're either gonna knock me out or get me fucking liquored up and take me to dinner first" moment for me. Preferably both.

AmdEmAll

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2000

Holy crap.. I would want the strongest pain killer they have!

Apr 20, 2008
Pics of appendix/scars? :colbert:

8evajeju.jpg

Can't say I don't deliver when asked!

Apr 20, 2008
Why is your belly button so high up or is that angle of the camera?

Idk, I have a very long torso. I'm nearly 6'4 without shoes on, and my pant length is 32 inches.

And it's looking a bit better after resting it quite a bit. Last night after a 1 1/2 mile stroll downtown Portland, it was near blackened. What the picture doesn't show is all the yellow bruising around it.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
My anesthesiologist just put the mask on and told me I was going out, and I did immediately.

It probably hurt because I did a lot of walking around yesterday. A couple miles total. I just took the stool softener and hope I can pass a bowel movement.

Fixed. Surgeons dont put people to sleep except on TV

sourceninja

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2005
Man, I wish they would have done the surgery to remove mine like that. I have a 4 inch gash on my side where they opened me up. Tech sure has changed..

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Idk, I have a very long torso. I'm nearly 6'4 without shoes on, and my pant length is 32 inches.

And it's looking a bit better after resting it quite a bit. Last night after a 1 1/2 mile stroll downtown Portland, it was near blackened. What the picture doesn't show is all the yellow bruising around it.

I initially read that as penis length. D:

Dear god you're furry! That's gonna be a bit awkward looking at the beach, no?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
That doesn't look too bad, I thought it would be a lot bigger.

that's what she said! :awe:

Man, I wish they would have done the surgery to remove mine like that. I have a 4 inch gash on my side where they opened me up. Tech sure has changed..

yeah i have a 6 inch gash on my side kinda looks like a ) No it had not burst either. they said it was not where they expected it to be.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
If you are worried about aesthetics, that 2nd bellybutton type scar will be with you for awhile, at least mine is still here :p so will the longer one on the left hand side. 3 years after surgery and mine are still visible but slowly diminishing, the smaller one lower down I can't find anymore, but was visible for a few months.