(NECRO) Anyone ever have appendicitis? [UPDATE PIC] Appendix out!

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 20, 2008
So it's years later..found looking for appendicitis forum. Went to surgeon today with right sided pain located in waist area for 5 days. She felt area after talking with her and said probably appendicitis and possibly rupture since its been 5 days. She gave me prescription for ct scan. My insurance has to pre-authorize it which can take days. The doctor said it is ruptured and nothing can be done except maybe antibiotics. What is very wrong with this picture? I am 60 years old. You'd think she would have said go to hospital now. At home not knowing what to do. My copay at ER is 700.00. I was just there 2 weeks ago for blood pressure that doctor told me to go. I was fine then. Worried I could be fine now..Just have a lot of pain when I move.
I hope you went in. If it ruptured I'm pretty sure you'd be in serious need of medical care.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Do you guys want to hear the best apendix story ever told? I have that story because it happened to me. It begins waking up in my sisters bed 42 years ago.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
Old man guy chased me almost all the way home....sorry but i got young legs and a belly full of sour apples.

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I spent 8 months in the hospital after complications from the appendix.

I remember a time my very young sister actually came to my hospital bed and slept under it.... she was only 6 or 7. she managed to follow a street in the middle of the night and get to my hopital room in toronto...blows my mind.

krystlerose

Mar 14, 2019
I hope you went in. If it ruptured I'm pretty sure you'd be in serious need of medical care.
Still hurts..Just not as bad so probably something else..the insurance sent letter that Dr had to send my medical record in order to review necessity for ct scan. So finally approved yesterday. Appointment made by Dr office for scan this Saturday. Imagine if it was a rupture. The Dr thought it was and she should have sent my records without them having to ask. So now have to wait for results which will be next week. Just have very horrible luck with drs.