NECRO ALERT Return Your Nikes For New Ones!!! NECRO ALERT

Status
Not open for further replies.

SleepyGuy

Dec 20, 2000
Just a reminder that if you have Nikes that have ripped or (always happens to me!) the air bubble/pocket deflates, you can send it back to Nike for an equal pair of shoes. I have yet to buy a pair of running shoes in 3 years... the air pockets always bust after around 6-8 months... take care.

cfactor

Sep 27, 2000
I used to have friends that do this with Timberland shoes. They were saying something like it's for a lifetime. And they'd send it back even if it's just a normal wear and tear.

Daniel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I had to return a pair of timberland hiking boots once years ago to REI, they just fell apart with normal usage and they weren't close to cheap, and they only gave me 50% credit back. A few days later I saw another woman at the counter with some old crappy nylon boots putting up a stink, they were destroyed, rusted hooks and everything, no reciept and she choose a nice new pair of boots to replace it, seems I got the wrong employee that day.

NivekC4

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2000
I've done this twice already.

They send you something of "equivalent" value back. I paid $70 for Nike shoes that busted (retail $120) and they sent me back shoes that were $140 and were quite new to the market too.

It's a good deal, but don't abuse it because Nike will not hesitate to send the same shoe right back at ya. Especially if they can tell it is not a defect and it was a man made defect.

Couple of my friends have done this, but they kept sending it to Nike (2 or 3 times) and finally Nike just game them a pair of new shoes.

So, don't push your luck unless it is legit.

-NivekC4

ashartzer

Jul 19, 2001
How exactly do you do this. I assume there is an address to send them to. Do you have to send in the original receipt also? The rubber soles on my shoes have been spitting from the shoe itself for a month, and two days ago, half of the rubber part came completely off! I only wear these to work, no running or harding walking in them at all!

Thanks for the info!

goog40

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2000
This is for a lifetime? Also will they send you a bigger size(mine are kinda small by now:)) and what's teh address. Thanks

SleepyGuy

Dec 20, 2000
For the guys who ask how to return them... I haven't done it in a few months but... check the phone book for the nike headquarters and they'll direct you to the rma department. they'll give you an rma number and tell you where to send it. you don't even need a reciept. peace out.

durin

Oct 8, 2000
hmm i have a pair of timberlands that the air pocket on the bottom burst on and it makes a sound everytime i take a step. they are like 3 years old so i thought it was pretty much just time to junk them, but if i can send them back to timberland for a new pair that would be dope - anyone got an address?

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001

<< I had to return a pair of timberland hiking boots once years ago to REI, they just fell apart with normal usage and they weren't close to cheap, and they only gave me 50% credit back. A few days later I saw another woman at the counter with some old crappy nylon boots putting up a stink, they were destroyed, rusted hooks and everything, no reciept and she choose a nice new pair of boots to replace it, seems I got the wrong employee that day. >>

Should have sent them to Timberland...They would have replaced them. I had a pair nearly destroyed after hiking in a river one weekend. Sent them in and got some new ones. (I don't have the address anymore...this was two years ago. Call Timberland, they'll help)

SleepyGuy

Dec 20, 2000
owe, i believe the shoe (model) have to be no longer then 5 years old. And you can return the new shoes at any nike store for store credit. once i bought a pair of air maxes for around $80 (clerance) and the air bubble popped. returned it to nike and they gave me a pair of brand new (ugly though) air jordans... went to the nike store and they gave me $280 store credit!!! got me 3 pairs of running shoes... hehehe.

sjshaw

Feb 5, 2001
Go to the website at www.nike.com and find the &quot;terms &amp; policies&quot; link. From there, find the FAQ link and in it there should be a link to an online form. Fill it out and a claim number will be emailed to you with directions for returning the shoes.

This is a SMOKING HOT DEAL (if you have defective Nike shoes)!

:)

NivekC4

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2000
For the Nike return, you have to visit their website, and send them an email with the information about the damaged shoe. You also MUST have the original box that came with the shoe or they will not even deal with you.

Once you send the email to nike, they will reply back with a Order # and address for your shoe and you will need to send it in.

It normally takes about 1 1/2 months - 2 months for them to send the shoe back.

I remember last time i did this i had to rummage through their whole site to find the return form. Lemme go see if i can find it again.

-Kevin

[edit] sjshaw beat me to it :) [/edit]

SleepyGuy

Dec 20, 2000
hmmm... i didn't need the original shoe box or the reciept. maybe that has changed since i last sent a pair of defects to them...

NivekC4

Golden Member
Apr 26, 2000
You don't need receipt, but I'm pretty sure you need the original box.

This helps them from having kids rip off others kids for their shoes, ruin them, and send them back to Nike...or somethin' like that :)

KATX

May 17, 2001

<< Go to the website at www.nike.com and find the &quot;terms &amp; policies&quot; link. From there, find the FAQ link and in it there should be a link to an online form. Fill it out and a claim number will be emailed to you with directions for returning the shoes.

This is a SMOKING HOT DEAL (if you have defective Nike shoes)!

:)
>>

I can see it clearly: pretty soon there will be a market on e-bay for damaged Nike shoes.

spinn

Golden Member
Feb 21, 2001
You should find the info you need here:

Link

I just sent mine in a couple of days ago. I believe the air pocket burst, cuz my shoe felt flat. Shoe has to be less than 3 years old. The website will tell you how you can tell. I didn't see where you had to have the original packaging.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Reebok has a similar policy, like 9-12mos or 300-500miles. I purchased a pair of Millenium DMXs and they were the worst pair of sneakers I ever had. Within a month the air pocket moved into the sole of one shoe and it made a really loud SQUEEK when I walked. The other one was falling apart. Not good for a $65 sneaker.

I traded them in at Sports Authority for the old Classic Leather standby.

Status
Not open for further replies.