Nebraska State Senator John McCollister calls out Republican party for racist and immoral activity

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Finally, a Republican in office denouncing his party for being complicit in racist and immoral activity within the party.

Senator McCollister
@SenMcCollister

The Republican Party is enabling white supremacy in our country. As a lifelong Republican, it pains me to say this, but it’s the truth. I of course am not suggesting that all Republicans are white supremacists nor am I saying that the average Republican is even racist.
We have a Republican president who continually stokes racist fears in his base. He calls certain countries “sh*tholes,” tells women of color to “go back” to where they came from and lies more than he tells the truth.
We have Republican senators and representatives who look the other way and say nothing for fear that it will negatively affect their elections. No more. When the history books are written, I refuse to be someone who said nothing.
The time is now for us Republicans to be honest with what is happening inside our party. We are better than this and I implore my Republican colleagues to stand up and do the right thing.

Fuck yeah, it's about damned time someone from within calls the party out. Yes, it's only a state senator but it has to start somewhere. Good on him for stepping up and being willing to take the heat for speaking the truth about the Republican party.

In other good news, a majority of House Democrats support starting impeachment proceedings.

A majority of Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives now favor launching impeachment proceedings against Republican President Donald Trump, after a California lawmaker on Friday became the 118th Democrat to call for the process to begin. “In the past few years, our nation has seen and heard things from this president that have no place in our democracy,” Representative Salud Carbajal said in a statement that accused Trump of “criminal” behavior.

“I believe it is time to open an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,” Carbajal said.
May the rest of them see the light real soon. I'm hoping that Felonious D is having sleepless nights as this shit ramps up on him. I hope he doesn't stroke out as I want to see him brought down low, same with the Republican party.

Mar 11, 2004
Good for him, and we need more like him. He has some work to do right there though (the Nebraska governor has been linked at least a couple of times to white supremacist shitheads). But good that he's waking up to what has been happening.

I know that Midwesterners have a lot of good in them. We need them to show it. But first they need to realize/accept/understand they've played a role in enabling racists and bigots and take a stand now, make it clear that type of shit won't fly with them.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Well I hope he's ok with this, because he's gonna get slaughtered at the polls and his political career is over for good.

Being that he's done said it, I think he's accepted the fact that this could be a career ending move. I think he would rather speak up and suffer any consequences than be a party to the complete takeover of the Republican party by white nationalists. In a way, he's making a bet; if his constituents decide to back racism in the party then he becomes a zero, if they decide not then he becomes a hero.

He's laying it on the line in calling them out, all in, no chips reserved. I hope he wins and wins big.

Reactions: Meghan54

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So does this mean he's stepping down in protest, only to be replaced by the exact kind of fringe larval nutter that he's talking about and that represents the new Trump base, or does he have an actual spine and plans to do something about the GOP from a position of power?

Reactions: hal2kilo

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
This is actually true now. The Republican Party has moved onto open fascism and open white nationalism. If he isn't down with that, then he really is a old regime dead-ender RINO. RINOs that don't like the Republicans' agenda should leave the party.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Being that he's done said it, I think he's accepted the fact that this could be a career ending move. I think he would rather speak up and suffer any consequences than be a party to the complete takeover of the Republican party by white nationalists. In a way, he's making a bet; if his constituents decide to back racism in the party then he becomes a zero, if they decide not then he becomes a hero.

He's laying it on the line in calling them out, all in, no chips reserved. I hope he wins and wins big.
He's not making a bet. The GOP base has show time and again that they endorse, and celebrate, up to and including open racism. And that no signs of criticism of god-emperor trump will be tolerated. He knew that once he said this no other republican would ever be in the same room as him. So yes if he even makes it to election he will be replaced by a trump loyal lunatic. He probably planned to retired anyway, and figured this was a good way to get some extra publicity.

You'd have a hard time convincing me that someone who served as a GOP governor has moral qualms! Lol. The party has been a hateful regressive organization for decades at this point. This is not a new thing, trump is a symptom, not a cause. At best its just more overt now.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This is actually true now. The Republican Party has moved onto open fascism and open white nationalism. If he isn't down with that, then he really is a old regime dead-ender RINO. RINOs that don't like the Republicans' agenda should leave the party.

Sad that the Repubs are siding with Trump and his ploy to use racism as a means to win elections. I mean, is this all that the party has to offer it's constituents as a reason to keep Traitor Trump and Moscow Mitch in place?

Party loyalty is one thing and it may mean everything to the Repubs as their tolerance level for every single dastardly thing Trump and Mitch have perpetrated has no bounds, but to sink to such a level such that openly promoting racism is now a "desirable feature" to win elections, that's like realizing that they need to scrape the scum from underneath the barrel instead of the barren bottom of it for a way to win elections.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
At least he spoke up and told the truth...Now go one step further and leave the party. Nothing will change with just words.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Sad that the Repubs are siding with Trump and his ploy to use racism as a means to win elections.

Yeah! I mean that's totally a new thing for the republican party! They hadn't even considered that ever before 2015! :rolleyes:It's not like 30 years before that Reagan used dogwhistles about "welfare queens" and "inner city crime" to gut social programs or scare his (white) base... Sure his campaign wasn't called "I'll protect you from the very lazy, but also incredibly dangerous, black people", but that was because he was actually smart, unlike trump.
And how about that Nixon? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy: "Nixon "emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognized this while not appearing to"

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yeah! I mean that's totally a new thing for the republican party! They hadn't even considered that ever before 2015! :rolleyes:It's not like 30 years before that Reagan used dogwhistles about "welfare queens" and "inner city crime" to gut social programs or scare his (white) base... Sure his campaign wasn't called "I'll protect you from the very lazy, but also incredibly dangerous, black people", but that was because he was actually smart, unlike trump.
And how about that Nixon? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy: "Nixon "emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognized this while not appearing to"

Kind'a knew that but thanks for posting it. I should'a emphasized how Trump is being outright blatant about his racism and his base still supports him for doing that whereas his Repub predecessors and their base at that time was more subtle/discrete about it up front.

This "new normal" that Trump has had to bring to the office so he could feel comfortable in his role as virtual #1 Fascist Head of State needs to be gotten rid of, the faster the better. His being booted out of the White House would also get rid of the problem of Putin having so much control over our gov't. via his useful kompromat idiot sitting in the West Wing.

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Trump is being outright blatant about his racism and his base still supports him for doing that whereas his Repub predecessors and their base at that time was more subtle/discrete about it up front.

Yeah, but they're equally racist. So is there really a difference? Neither trump nor his supporters got any more racist, they're just saying it now.. We all knew this all along.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Finally, a Republican in office denouncing his party for being complicit in racist and immoral activity within the party.

Fuck yeah, it's about damned time someone from within calls the party out. Yes, it's only a state senator but it has to start somewhere. Good on him for stepping up and being willing to take the heat for speaking the truth about the Republican party.

In other good news, a majority of House Democrats support starting impeachment proceedings.

May the rest of them see the light real soon. I'm hoping that Felonious D is having sleepless nights as this shit ramps up on him. I hope he doesn't stroke out as I want to see him brought down low, same with the Republican party.

The Republican hive-mind will eject him from its nest. Dissent is not to be tolerated.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
The Republican party of Nebraska, rather than admitting that the Senator is right and that something must be done about it, is instead demanding that he leave the Republican party and join the Democrats since he has so much in common with them. Really. He's not on board with their racism so he doesn't fit in with the rest of the Republican party members. They argue that his stances on conservative issues is more in line with Democrats, ignoring that his constituents know him well and voted him in to office despite his positions.

As usual with Republicans, they want to kill the messenger because they don't want to hear the message. Facts have no place in a conservative world.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The Republican party of Nebraska, rather than admitting that the Senator is right and that something must be done about it, is instead demanding that he leave the Republican party and join the Democrats since he has so much in common with them. Really. He's not on board with their racism so he doesn't fit in with the rest of the Republican party members. They argue that his stances on conservative issues is more in line with Democrats, ignoring that his constituents know him well and voted him in to office despite his positions.

As usual with Republicans, they want to kill the messenger because they don't want to hear the message. Facts have no place in a conservative world.

These guys are really going to regret things like this when in a few years they’re all trying to pretend they never supported Trump.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
These guys are really going to regret things like this when in a few years they’re all trying to pretend they never supported Trump.

Shit like this is what i'm going to throw back in their faces. They are fully on board the Trump train and when that fucker completely derails (it's only off the rails now) I want them among his casualties.

We can't let them walk away from this and claim that they had nothing to do with it, not after all of the damage that they've done to our nation and our world standing.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Wonder when the Democrats will do the same for their ruining minority communities and embracing racist actions like affirmative action?

If the Democrats are so bad for minorities it’s odd that all the white supremacist organizations are enthusiastic Trump supporters.

Are they just confused?

• Haha

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
If the Democrats are so bad for minorities it’s odd that all the white supremacist organizations are enthusiastic Trump supporters.

Are they just confused?

I'd wager that white supremacists are indeed confused individuals.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

Are they just confused?

We ought to try and ignore this asshole in this thread, just to frustrate his ass. The only reason he posts outrageous shit is to elicit a response, it's clear that's all he here to do. His fun is in derailing topics and making them all about himself. He does this in thread after thread and after he destroys a thread I just quit going to it because every other post seems to be his. The rest are responses to him. He's a good goat roper, that's for sure, but that's all he want to do here is to get people's goats.

The poor guy is clearly an incel who is never going to have a real life and this is all he has to occupy his time.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
We ought to try and ignore this asshole in this thread, just to frustrate his ass. The only reason he posts outrageous shit is to elicit a response, it's clear that's all he here to do. His fun is in derailing topics and making them all about himself. He does this in thread after thread and after he destroys a thread I just quit going to it because every other post seems to be his. The rest are responses to him. He's a good goat roper, that's for sure, but that's all he want to do here is to get people's goats.

The poor guy is clearly an incel who is never going to have a real life and this is all he has to occupy his time.

Nope, I truly believe that the left are far more racist than the right today, and the evidence backs that up. But telling the truth in a room full of liars and indoctrinated sheep, it doesn't go over well. But, that doesn't make it any less truthful.

• Haha
Reactions: zinfamous