Neat Museum, but will close minded Evolutionary Faithful give it a chance?

thestain

May 5, 2006
Article on new Museum that is being condemned by the Evolutionary Faithful

Does being an Evolutionist mean you are close minded?

Does believing Darwin over modern Genetic Science mean you are an idiot?

Is it fair to call Genetic variation ... Micro Evolution?

Any real evidence to support this nonsense called Evolution, step right up and chime in and better yet.. prove what you are stating with real facts, not assumptions and better yet still visit this Museum and report back here. :)

The Stain:beer:

---

Please continue this topic in this previous thread.

AnandTech Moderator

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: thestain

Any real evidence to support this nonsense called Evolution, step right up and chime in and better yet.. prove what you are stating with real facts, not assumptions and better yet still visit this Museum and report back here. :)

:confused:

Edit - Please STFU you make the majority of us normal religious people look bad.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Question 1: No.
Question 2: Modern genetic science is nearly entirely based on Darwin, and it was his theory that predicted DNA. Believing that modern genetic science and Darwin are somehow seperable would make you an idiot though.
Question 3: No. Genetic variation involves any change in the genome... including things like your blood type. Evolution uses genetic variation to achieve its effects, but it is a directed change caused by natural selection. The term micro evolution no longer exists in modern biology, because there is no difference in the process of "micro" and "macro" evolution. It's all evolution.

You obviously have found this creation museum and that retarded answers in genesis website very appealing as they use pseudo science to promote a world view that you had already decided on long before you found either of these. To argue with you is pointless, as to deny evolution in favor of a theory that involves tyrannosaurs being vegetarians and fossil records being based on how fast animals ran away from the flood is so mind bogglingly stupid that it lowers everyone involved in the discussion, even those attempting to refute it.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

Go away troll.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
TS: Any Evolutionist out there willing to visit this place when it opens?

"Evolutionist" is a word? Is it synonymous with "understanding science"?

No thanks on the visit. While I might find it humorous, there is no way I would support these fools with the price of admission. I look upon these people as dangerous in there efforts to spread ignorance and mythology as truth.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Only with free airfare, accommodations, and admission, and if I'm allowed to loudly and publicly criticize their "Creation Science" as much as I want while I'm there.

edit: hey, I've always wanted an excuse to go to King's Island.