Nearly eight years of the obama..here's how China feels about him.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
Looks like you have to go to China to get honest feelings on his out and out failure on the world stage..the pant suit hillary won't be any better. :
After Snubbing Obama, China Gives Putin Red Carpet Treatment, Warns Against Protectionism At G-20

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-...red-carpet-treatment-warns-against-protection

Roughly at the same time as China's infamous snub of Obama's arrival at Hangzhou for the G-20 summit, when the G-20 host nation's delegation first made sure there was no staircase for Obama to exit the plane and descend on the red carpet; forcing the president of the world's most powerful nation to use an emergency exit...

...Chinese officials had no such problems greeting Russian president Vladimir Putin with full honors, whose arrival - on the red carpet - took place without a glitch.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
So, you are using the opinions of CHINA as your barometer of an American president? You then state in your last sentence that Chinese officials have no problem with Putin.

Really? :confused;

I'm not seeing the problem here. China is a geopolitical rival of the US. Their dislike of Obama is more of a check in the column of "doing his job properly". If you are wanting to make this point against Obama, you may want to see how he is treated by our allies instead.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Petty move by China as a result of our challenge to their overreach in the South China Sea.

Not sure if the OP is implying that we should be more like Putin just so that our president can get a staircase for his plane, but that's a pretty ridiculous assertion.

Reactions: Thump553

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
So, you are using the opinions of CHINA as your barometer of an American president? You then state in your last sentence that Chinese officials have no problem with Putin.

Really? :confused;

I'm not seeing the problem here. China is a geopolitical rival of the US. Their dislike of Obama is more of a check in the column of "doing his job properly". If you are wanting to make this point against Obama, you may want to see how he is treated by our allies instead.

It's obvious to the most casual observer..after nearly eight years they have no respect for him. Next time he shows up they'll probably roll a dumpster up to the plane and make him jump in.

Reactions: x26

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
While I'm no big fan of Obama, what are we supposed to do? Bomb China because they were rude to the president?

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
While I'm no big fan of Obama, what are we supposed to do? Bomb China because they were rude to the president?

You have to keep these events in their proper context. You are right that there is nothing to be done here. Its "water under the bridge" at this point.

It's obvious to the most casual observer..after nearly eight years they have no respect for him. Next time he shows up they'll probably roll a dumpster up to the plane and make him jump in.

So, China does not like or respect Obama after eight years of his presidency. Again, what is the problem here? I do not understand how this is a bad thing....at all.

Or, you know, it might just be a screw-up where some minor bureaucrat got too full of himself.

Obama, non-plussed, took it all in stride like water off a duck-

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ials-argue-stairs-air-force-article-1.2777154

Now imagine the shit talkin' Donald in a similar situation.

Let me rephrase. I mean the thin skinned shit talkin' Donald.

This is closer to the truth. These kinds of flub-ups (at the least) or snubs (at the worst) are common in the diplomatic world. Trying to make hay out of them does nobody any favors.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013

Rolls up a dumpster for the OP.

dumpster-dive-flickr-diegofuego.jpg

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
The best part of watching US Conservatism fragment, crack, and implode on itself in real time, is watching them all rubbing one out over the leaders of Kleptocrat Russia and Communist China.

It's not that Obama plays 11th dimensional chess; it's that Republicans have a tough time winning a game of checkers against a toddler with tourettes.

Reactions: MongGrel

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
Get ready for the pant suit president because Trumpy Dumpty sat on a wall, Trumpy Dumpty had a big fall is either unwilling or unable to take his foot out of his mouth.

Sep 12, 2004
So China has now proven that their country is governed by people with the mentality of 12-year olds?

When they turn 14 they won't be so proud of those actions.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Woot woot! When we have a president disrespected by China and Russia, it means he's doing something right.

I suspect if he goes to India or Canada.. 2 actual democracies.. they will roll out the red carpet and stairs!

Reactions: Thebobo

flexy

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2001
Maybe China wanted to "project power" and newfound confidence and strength, maybe this behavior WAS intentional.

However, they managed to do exactly the opposite. It made them look foolish and insecure.

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Maybe China wanted to "project power" and newfound confidence and strength, maybe this behavior WAS intentional.

However, they managed to do exactly the opposite. It made them look foolish and insecure.

Nothing quite says strength like pulling schoolboy moves like that, China is still finding its footing on the modern global stage and need a little schooling. Mind you the US is also being pissy over brexit so I say China should step up the dislike.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
So China has now proven that their country is governed by people with the mentality of 12-year olds?

When they turn 14 they won't be so proud of those actions.

I figure it just proves they can have bureaucratic screw-ups like everybody else. Anything beyond that is just conspiracy theory & framing.

You know how it works- "The Chinese snubbed Obama because he's weak, not a Strong Leader! We need a Strong Leader to get the respect we deserve! They wouldn't pull that shit if we had a Strong Leader like Donald Trump! He'll put the fear of God into them!"

Or some such chest thumping display of insecurity.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Unlike Republicans, I don't vote for a President who will please Putin or Xi, or make out with the Saudi royals.
China is just throwing a tantrum because Obama will deploy THAAD to South Korea. Too bad, they were warned to muzzle their dog Kim. US Republicans of course will side with America's enemies if it helps them score some points against Obama.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thebobo

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I figure it just proves they can have bureaucratic screw-ups like everybody else. Anything beyond that is just conspiracy theory & framing.

You know how it works- "The Chinese snubbed Obama because he's weak, not a Strong Leader! We need a Strong Leader to get the respect we deserve! They wouldn't pull that shit if we had a Strong Leader like Donald Trump! He'll put the fear of God into them!"

Or some such chest thumping display of insecurity.

OTOH, if China did give Obama the red carpet treatment, it would mean to the Obama haters that Obama was colluding with them to destroy the USA or that Obama was being royally treated as the fellow communist that he really is. Borrowing a punch line from Wanda Sykes, In the eyes of Obama's detractors, they hate him because he has to chew his food to eat.

Logically, the more of a threat that Obama is to the Chinese, the worse treatment he would get from them. So if it was the intention of the Chinese to snub him that way, then Obama must be doing something right.

I'm curious as to what happens at the aircraft doorway of the next Chinese head of state that visits the USA. Do we respond in kind?

Last edited:
Reactions: Aegeon

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
It's unclear what anyone expected when the US dicks around in what China considers its turf. I can't imagine americans would be very happy if china/russia/etc meddles with affairs in the carribean or gulf of mexico.

Reactions: Starbuck1975