NE Pats Kevin Faulk busted for possession

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Seriously, at least you WENT to the super bowl...

LAFAYETTE, La. - New England Patriots running back Kevin Faulk was issued a misdemeanor summons last Friday for possession of marijuana. Capt. John Babin of the Lafayette Metro Narcotics Task Force confirmed the summons on Tuesday.
ADVERTISEMENT

Faulk, a Louisiana native and former LSU star, was on his way to a suite in the Lafayette Cajundome to watch a performance by rapper Lil Wayne, when a routine search by a sheriff's deputy turned up four marijuana cigarettes, Babin said.

Everyone heading to the suites was searched, Babin said.

Faulk was not arrested or required to post bond.

"He was cited for simple possession, which is a misdemeanor," Babin said. "It's based on an amount possessed for personal use."

Faulk will be sent a letter notifying him of the court date when it is set.

"There was no trouble, Kevin was very cooperative," Babin said.

"We are aware of the report, but I don't have any additional comment at this time," Patriots spokesman Stacey James said.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Yea, and a player on the eagles was arrested for smoking in a car.

Its amazing there aren't more caught by the NFL's screenings, I'm pretty sure the entire NFL does drugs.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Deeko

Its amazing there aren't more caught by the NFL's screenings, I'm pretty sure the entire NFL does drugs.
The real question is, was he at Jose Conseco's party?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Tell Ricky Williams that.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Originally posted by: Anubis
O NOES HE SMOKES POT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seriously big fucking deal

Well, if it's illegal and a controlled substance... and he's purportedly a "role model" to various demographics... I suppose it's not a big deal at all.

I just like the ironing factor.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: SunnyD

Well, if it's illegal and a controlled substance... and he's purportedly a "role model" to various demographics... I suppose it's not a big deal at all.

what ironing? dude likes to get high, really no different the getting drunk other then the stupid guberment made it illigal

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

what ironing? dude likes to get high, really no different the getting drunk other then the stupid guberment made it illigal

It's still against the law...AND against the rules of the NFL. The dude gets paid millions to a play a sport, you'd think he could lay off the drugs for a couple of years. He won't have to work another day in his life after he retires (assuming he wasn't an idiot with his money, which might be a lot to assume), so why take the risk?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

It's still against the law...AND against the rules of the NFL. The dude gets paid millions to a play a sport, you'd think he could lay off the drugs for a couple of years. He won't have to work another day in his life after he retires (assuming he wasn't an idiot with his money, which might be a lot to assume), so why take the risk?

B/c he's human and unfortunately, most professional sports athletes believe they're above the law.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
18-1
18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1
18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1 18-1

I love how that's the record that will forever be linked with the Patriots! :laugh:

mesthead21

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2004
Does anyone else hate when you double click on any word in the story it searches yahoo.com for you?

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

B/c he's human and unfortunately, most professional sports athletes believe they're above the law.

No he probably believes that such laws are archaic/pointless and nobody has the right to interfere with what he puts in his body.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
he should have ate the doobs

(well each guy should have ripped up and choked down a doober. unfortunately you wouldn't get a buzz but at least you wouldn't get busted)

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: IcebergSlim
He wasn't caught smoking it deeko. He was caught possessing it.

From a legal perspective, aren't they the same? From the NFL's perspective, I'm sure if they tested him, it would be in his system. From a logical perspective...come on, is there really a difference? You don't just carry it around for shit and giggles.

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
No he probably believes that such laws are archaic/pointless and nobody has the right to interfere with what he puts in his body.

Ironically, Congress seems to disagree (especially when it comes to professional sports - what a crock).

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

From a legal perspective, aren't they the same? From the NFL's perspective, I'm sure if they tested him, it would be in his system. From a logical perspective...come on, is there really a difference? You don't just carry it around for shit and giggles.

I could think of many reasons to carry it around. Maybe its to entice the groupies or models he will be partying with. Who knows. Legally using marijuana is not against the law. Possessing it is against the law. Its not like an officer can stop you on the street and be like your high buddy get in the car. If you get caught in the act of smoking the charge is still possession not smoking it. As a pro athlete his metabolism is probably high enough that he can smoke every now and again and be in clean in a couple days.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

Ironically, Congress seems to disagree (especially when it comes to professional sports - what a crock).

Congress can't even balance a budget. Don't give them so much cr3edit.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: purbeast0
and why is this national news? :confused:
because it involves an athlete, the most important people in society, and pot, the evil devil weed planted on Earth by Satan himself to undermine ours and future generations.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman

Meh, there are far too many idiots in this world already, the thought of having them running around coked up isn't pleasing.

I've always agreed with the stance that drugs should be legal for smart people that have the brain cells to kill. The problem there is that the smart people really aren't the ones doing it (because they're smart) and its the dumb people who are doing the drugs and killing off the few brain cells they have.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000

I could think of many reasons to carry it around. Maybe its to entice the groupies or models he will be partying with. Who knows. Legally using marijuana is not against the law. Possessing it is against the law. Its not like an officer can stop you on the street and be like your high buddy get in the car. If you get caught in the act of smoking the charge is still possession not smoking it. As a pro athlete his metabolism is probably high enough that he can smoke every now and again and be in clean in a couple days.

ahhh come on, he had it to smoke it. And I know the criminal charge is possession - hence my comment about about the legal perspective.

I'm not trying to be all Nancy Reagan here, I'm just saying it's against the law and against the rules of the NFL. Even if you disagree with the law, he's in a role model position, so being publicly caught breaking it isn't a good thing.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000

ahhh come on, he had it to smoke it. And I know the criminal charge is possession - hence my comment about about the legal perspective.

I'm not trying to be all Nancy Reagan here, I'm just saying it's against the law and against the rules of the NFL. Even if you disagree with the law, he's in a role model position, so being publicly caught breaking it isn't a good thing.

I'm not arguing he isn't stupid for getting caught.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

Role models? Then tell TO to stop crying on tv. ;)