NC GOP: Liberals anti-american, anti-god

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
http://www.politico.com/blogs/...ve_In_God.html?showall

"Liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in god."
- Rep Congressman Robin Hayes

Hayes spokeswoman, Amanda Little says that Hayes absolutely denies making the comments that appear in the Observer article. She noted that other national reporters were at the event and didn't pick up on what the Observer reported.

Hayes spokeswoman Little is still denying it and accuses The Crypt of "irresponsible journalism."

OOPS. Check the audio on the link.

I suppose this qualifies as "Gotcha" journalism, but jesus christ, if you say something at a rally in front of thousands of people and reporters and then deny it, you deserve to get gotcha'd.

Btw, this came AFTER someone in the crowd yelled the witty "It's as clear as black and white" and was reprimanded because the GOP didn't want the biased media to take such innocent phrases and nefariously twist them....rofl

EDIT: He's apologized, sorta.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1008/14797.html
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap...ssman-McCain-Rally.php
Hayes said "there is no doubt that it came out completely the wrong way." Hayes said conservatives and liberals differ greatly on the nation's future, but his comment was the wrong way to deliver that message.

HEY DICKHEAD: how about apologizing to the PRESS who you SLANDERED by calling them IRRESPONSIBLE because they accurately reported what you later LIED about?

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Wow, first Michele Bachmann and now this guy. The GOP really is full of hate... they're having trouble containing it even among their elected officials! It's easy enough to write it off when it's just a few people in crowds somewhere.

Sounds like this guy took his ideas straight from Ann Coulter. Yep, everyone who disagrees with you isn't just wrong, they HATE AMERICA!

Feb 6, 2007
You have to love the response.

"I didn't say it."
We have several people who heard you.
"I absolutely did not say it."
More people are corroborating the story that you said it.
"I absolutely did not say it and you're terrible journalists."
We have it on tape.
"OK, I may have said it, but I didn't mean it, and you're still terrible journalists."

What a complete ass.

yowolabi

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy

"I didn't say it."
We have it on tape.
"OK, I may have said it, but I didn't mean it, and you're still terrible journalists."

What a complete ass.

I find it funny. Deny to the point that you're proven wrong, and then say it's a non issue.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Yup, typical its "US or them" mentality. Always divisive and intolerant.

I would say that most die hard reps are unamerican because America is a melting pot of ideas and cultures and to be intolerant of other ideas and cultures is simply unamerican.

As far as religion, I would also say that they have it all wrong too. Whether there is a god or not, is based on your own personal belief, but if there is, I am sure neither he or his offspring would approve of republican practices, or intolerance. WWJB man... Who would Jesus bomb?

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Holy fuck. This is yet another reason why Robin Hayes and his ilk here in NC need to GTFO. Bottom feeders.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Atomic Playboy

"I didn't say it."
We have it on tape.

What a complete ass.

He must be related to JS80.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Where were these people all this time? Fuck, it's like Sarah Palin gave them a voice and they're blaming everything on anti-American Americans who live in the fake and unpatriotic part of the country.

Where the fuck are the moderate Republicans to lambast these assholes?

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: Dari
Where were these people all this time? Fuck, it's like Sarah Palin gave them a voice and they're blaming everything on anti-American Americans who live in the fake and unpatriotic part of the country.

They're busy cheering at Obama rallies. LOL

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: jonks

:laugh:

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: retrospooty
Yup, typical its "US or them" mentality. Always divisive and intolerant.

I would say that most die hard reps are unamerican because America is a melting pot of ideas and cultures and to be intolerant of other ideas and cultures is simply unamerican.

As far as religion, I would also say that they have it all wrong too. Whether there is a god or not, is based on your own personal belief, but if there is, I am sure neither he or his offspring would approve of republican practices, or intolerance. WWJB man... Who would Jesus bomb?
You know it's absolutely amazing how tolerant and truly American the Dems are. Who can deny that they're the true uniters within our nation and have uncanny insight into the mind of Jesus Christ. :roll: Your world view is a tad off if you don't mind my saying so. But I suspect otherwise.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
Source looks ummm...

....yes? like a blog?

Want some national press? here ya go, but it's just a CBS cut/paste of politico's story.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories...rypt/main4535858.shtml

EDIT: He's apologized, sorta.
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap...ssman-McCain-Rally.php
Hayes said "there is no doubt that it came out completely the wrong way." Hayes said conservatives and liberals differ greatly on the nation's future, but his comment was the wrong way to deliver that message.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
It's a disturbing form of vanity to assume that everyone who disagrees with you must be OUR enemy.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Well, at the very least, he didn't say "Liberals hate America." He said they hate "Americans who..." blah blah blah.

Still deplorable, but technically it could be worse.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
LOL @ Hayes

This is the guy who got his arm twisted in the CAFTA vote in the House when Hasbert held the vote open. His 'switcheroo' allowed CAFTA to pass 217-215.

This was less than 2 years after Pillowtex closed and wiped out around 6,000 jobs. Pillowtex was the descendant of Cannon Mills.

Hayes is part of the Cannon family.

The 8th-NC is up for a fight. Hayes only won by 330 votes in 2006. If you want to do North Carolina a favor, contribute to his opponent.

Flipping the 8th district from Hayes would put the NC Congressional delegation 8-5 in favor of the Blue Team.

btw - if you are not familiar with the Cannon family in North Carolina here's a little family dirt from Time Magazine.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: jonks

:laugh:

:thumbsup:

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
"Liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in god."

Butterbean

Banned
Oct 12, 2006
""Liberals hate real Americans that work and accomplish and achieve and believe in god."

Why would anyone sensible apologize for saying that? Libs hate religion and religious people, the military, the self motivated and independent etc. Reality clearly attests to these things. The mistake some of the politicians make is not saying things its apologising for them. Just watching Dems eviscerate troops on CNN during worst part of war was all a person needed to know they are traitors at heart. Dems supported slavery and now they have become the new Confederacy.