NBC Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blintok

Jan 30, 2007
<--observes moment of silence........................

ok. respects to the fallen but...from watching the stuff on 9/11 again and the op.. something i find curious and wonder why...

Why is the New York Police initialed as NYPD as it should be
but the New York fire dept does it backwards? FDNY

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
OMG! They should have turned all of their engines off for one minute and glided. What a bunch of disrespectful jerks!

Obliviously, I meant in the offices, hangars, etc. Not on the the aircraft or in the airports. AA has done it for the last 10 years. But I also was not complaining, I am sick of the memorials, half staff flags, moments of silences, etc. for most events.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
There's ten minutes of silence, five nights a week on NBC...

...it's during Jay Leno's monolouge...

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005
The big deal is that 3000 Americans were killed and we cant even honor them with a moment of silence

If someone had said to you today that they would give you $10,000 if you skipped the moment of silence at 8:46 AM this morning, would you have accepted the money?

Well, that's essentially what NBC did.

And here I thought you were so enthusiastic about free enterprise.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Obliviously, I meant in the offices, hangars, etc. Not on the the aircraft or in the airports. AA has done it for the last 10 years. But I also was not complaining, I am sick of the memorials, half staff flags, moments of silences, etc. for most events.

I know what you meant, I was just trying (unsuccessfully) to make a funny, tis all. :p

FWIW, modern airliners have very good glide ratios and could easily handle going a minute with their engines off, or neutral thrust, assuming they are at a proper altitude. For example, I once read a 747 has a glide ratio of 1:17. That means for every 17 meters forward, it will lose one meter in altitude. :awe:

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
If only it were possible to turn the TV off and have one's own moment of silence instead of taking queues from the people on the boob tube :D

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
If only it were possible to turn the TV off and have one's own moment of silence instead of taking queues from the people on the boob tube :D
Where are these lines of people, and where are they being taken?

Can you cue me how to locate them?

edit: obligatory "Incorrigible is so clueless" observation...

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
I have an idea... How about if NBC rounds of the Kardashians & throws in the cast of Jersey Shore, takes them all over to the Middle East, says, "we're sorry. Here, as a token of our forgiveness, take these."

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Saying the Kardashians should be "kicked out" (whatever that means) is pointless. I just wish people would stop giving these useless sacks of flesh any attention. So sick of hearing about them.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
I have an idea... How about if NBC rounds of the Kardashians & throws in the cast of Jersey Shore, takes them all over to the Middle East, says, "we're sorry. Here, as a token of our forgiveness, take these."

I dunno, that could be seen as a great insult...

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...t-silence-kardashian-interview_n_1873969.html

NBC skipped the moment of silence at 8:46 AM and instead showed an interview with Kris Jenner. This is absolutely disgusting, they dont have there priorities straight and how could they skip the moment of silence for something as pathetic as the Kardashians.

NBC needs some serious changes in management since this isn't the first time this happened, they also skipped the Olympics

And shame on Kris Jenner for appearing on at the same time as the moment of silence to talk about her BREAST IMPLANTS. This whole family has done nothing good for the US and have insulted the victims of 9/11 and there families.

The Kardashian family should just be kicked out.

Do you agree NBC was wrong for doing this and needs serious changes and Kris Jenner and the family should be kicked out?

Oh the fucking horror, if we had a moment if silence for every atrocity committed both to and by us not one person would ever make a peep.

You sure want to kick people out, I'm happy you feel so uncomfortable.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Good. The maudlin pandering makes me wanna puke, anyway.

9/11? It happened. Get over it, move on.

Build a suitable monument rather than the current & hyper expensive monstrosity, use the acreage to build something that'll bring joy to NYC.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Good. The maudlin pandering makes me wanna puke, anyway.

9/11? It happened. Get over it, move on.

Build a suitable monument rather than the current & hyper expensive monstrosity, use the acreage to build something that'll bring joy to NYC.
agreed

the monstrosity of a monument for flight 93 is insane.

Apr 27, 2012

Thats an excellent idea, get rid of this trash and send them over there.

Kris Jenner is absolutely shameful caring more about her implants than the victims

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
I thought the Kardashians and Snookie were American treasures
I prefer the duck dudes, the swamp people and the hog hunters though

oh and Darrel

3pyqwb.jpg

Last edited:

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
The funny thing is the trolling OP didn't observe a moment of silence for the victims of 9/11 but upset that NBC did not either. Ban this troll. He's become the biggest troll in this forum and that's saying a lot.

The founder of my old company died on one of those planes and I could give a shit if NBC didn't observe the moment.