NBC Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
The big deal is that 3000 Americans were killed and we cant even honor them with a moment of silence

Lets see, from what I observed, HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and quite a few of the channels I subscribe to through DirecTV didnt have moments of silence. So, you're getting your panties in a bunch over NBC but not other networks. You really need to leave the basement, I think that damp,dark environment is messing with you.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Do you agree NBC was wrong for doing this and needs serious changes and Kris Jenner and the family should be kicked out?

I clicked "View Post" because from the title I thought I had to see this one, and I was richly rewarded. :D

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
THEY SKIPPED THE MOMENT OF SILENCE

This has to do with them and PC because they dont want to take sides, its the same reason they call terrorists insurgents and Islamists

Did they skip "the moment of silence" in the past 10 9/11's? For your theory to be correct, that would have had to be the case. If they didn't skip the others, the inference is that it's been 11 years and now they're choosing to use their programming time for other things, probably things which, though crass, give them the ratings which earn their shareholders $$.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
Did the moment of silence become some law I haven't heard about? If not, skip the outrage. They can do as they please. I don't see the need to have an aneurysm over this. At some point, we have to move on.

polarmystery

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Did the moment of silence become some law I haven't heard about? If not, skip the outrage. They can do as they please. I don't see the need to have an aneurysm over this. At some point, we have to move on.

This is why i asked the question, "How is this news worthy?"

Feb 6, 2007
But they had kris jenner on, a moment of silence is much more important than that piece of trash, I am sure others can agree on that
If that's your standard then I would offer that NBC should run a moment of silence for the entirety of their fall line up.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
They arent obligated to do it at all.

And if you are really so fucking concerned, you would have done it yourself without anyones help or prodding.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
UPDATE amazing breaking news NBC started a 24 moment of silence channel because of all the backlash!

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I can just imagaine the OP frantically channel surfing at 8:46 AM hoping he can find a station that was not silent, so he could go ballastical moral outrage mode.

On a similar point, anyone else besides me upset that the US flag seems to be in a perpertual half-mast stage these days? Rare is the day the flag is acutally at full mast.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
If George W Bush had done the job he was annointed to we wouldn't have reason for a moment of silence.

Scooby Doo

Golden Member
Sep 1, 2006
Why aren't we doing the moment of silence for all the civil war battles and the revolutionary war battles too?

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
At some point we need to move on. It seems like flags are at half staff 30% of the time now days, every time some random person dies and for the anniversary of everything.

American Airlines didn't even do the moment of silence this year, at least not in their second largest location, not sure about HDQ.

PottedMeat

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
American Airlines didn't even do the moment of silence this year, at least not in their second largest location, not sure about HDQ.

heh don't they have that bankruptcy/contracts thing to worry about right now?

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010

OMG! They should have turned all of their engines off for one minute and glided. What a bunch of disrespectful jerks!

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Well at least this year every channel on TV wasn't doing an entire replay of the event, forcing us (if you chose to watch) to relive this event every year. OBL is dead. Let's move on.