NBC Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence

Apr 27, 2012
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...t-silence-kardashian-interview_n_1873969.html

NBC News Skips 9/11 Moment Of Silence On 'Today'

Posted: 09/11/2012 11:07 am Updated: 09/11/2012 4:55 pm

NBC News is drawing fire after it chose to air an interview with "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star Kris Jenner on Tuesday morning, instead of the moment of silence remembering when the first plane hit the World Trade Center.
Victims' families, the NYPD, FDNY and Port Authority Police observed the moment at 8:46 a.m. at Ground Zero in New York, while President Obama and the First Lady led it at the White House.
TV Newser reports that ABC's "Good Morning America," "CBS This Morning" and the cable news networks carried the moment. NBC News, however, skipped it in favor of Jenner discussing the upcoming season of her show and her breast implants on "Today."
Viewers sounded off on on Twitter, calling the network's decision a "major fail" and a "new all time low." "Shame on them," one person wrote, while another responded, "stay classy."
TV Newser notes that NBC News' broadcast in New York City did air the moment of silence (WNBC broke into the show with local coverage). The AP reports that "Today" also showed the commemoration in its broadcast on the West Coast.
NBC skipped the moment of silence at 8:46 AM and instead showed an interview with Kris Jenner. This is absolutely disgusting, they dont have there priorities straight and how could they skip the moment of silence for something as pathetic as the Kardashians.

NBC needs some serious changes in management since this isn't the first time this happened, they also skipped the Olympics

And shame on Kris Jenner for appearing on at the same time as the moment of silence to talk about her BREAST IMPLANTS. This whole family has done nothing good for the US and have insulted the victims of 9/11 and there families.

The Kardashian family should just be kicked out.

Do you agree NBC was wrong for doing this and needs serious changes and Kris Jenner and the family should be kicked out?

zokudu

Diamond Member
Nov 11, 2009
I dont think it was on purpose. Someone is likely fired over it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
shrug. i don't think ill of NBC for it. we don't do it for pearl harbor either.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003
This does not significantly change my level of contempt for any broadcast television station. One fly lands on a mountain of dung, anybody notice? Nope.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
What is the big deal, the Local Affiliate responsible for that station DID break in with the Commemoration. You know...just as stations like TNT or USA interrupt regular programming to honor things like this. What is the big deal.

Apr 27, 2012
What is the big deal, the Local Affiliate responsible for that station DID break in with the Commemoration. You know...just as stations like TNT or USA interrupt regular programming to honor things like this. What is the big deal.

The big deal is that 3000 Americans were killed and we cant even honor them with a moment of silence

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
ok then. question. how long do you want the moment of silence on tv? how long do you want the hours long programs they do every year?

When is it ok to stop? if 11 years is not enough is 15? 20? 30?50? 100?

at what point do people get on with there life and continue. Don't forget it..but i don't see why we need to stop regular life/programming/work etc about it.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Well since the corporation that owns them pays no taxes, we should start denying that corp all of it's tax breaks that allows it to pay virtually no taxes.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
You know, I for the most part consider NBC has having screwed up. But I've also noticed that if you take the opposite position of Flyboy and AlreadyCorrupted, that you're in the right over 99% of the time. So, I guess I'm cool with NBC doing this.

MrColin

Platinum Member
May 21, 2003

Meh, displaying a formidable threat while speaking in praise of our best men, honors their bravery IMHO. They could have but didn't spin it that way. Instead the party admitted fault, apologized, and explained the error. That looks like the high road to me. Better than squandering our military expert resources on a what amounts to a beauty pageant.

The republicans wont miss a wink of sleep sending thousands of our country's best men to die in unnecessary but profitable wars. I think the overwhelming republican support by men in uniform is due largely to disinformation spread by profit motivated contractors and suppliers. The psychology of conservatism also lends itself well to military applications, but sucks at diplomacy and top level strategy.

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I just got through criticizing the NY Times for putting up an op-ed article criticizing the Bush admin for not heeding warnings of the attack because the article was published on 9/11 (actually the eve of 9/10 which is close enough.) However, this is not something I'm going to get all that hot and bothered about. It's 11 years now. At some point it has to become optional to go out of the way for this. If it was my decision, I would have honored the moment of silence, but I'm not going to expect it for every media outlet in perpetuity.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
The republicans wont miss a wink of sleep sending thousands of our country's best men to die in unnecessary but profitable wars. I think the overwhelming republican support by men in uniform is due largely to disinformation spread by profit motivated contractors and suppliers. The psychology of conservatism also lends itself well to military applications, but sucks at diplomacy and top level strategy.

Neither do the Dems. you forget the voted for it too.

it should be amended to "politicians won't miss a wing of sleep sending thousands of our country's best men and women to die in unnecessary wars"

Apr 27, 2012
I just got through criticizing the NY Times for putting up an op-ed article criticizing the Bush admin for not heeding warnings of the attack because the article was published on 9/11 (actually the eve of 9/10 which is close enough.) However, this is not something I'm going to get all that hot and bothered about. It's 11 years now. At some point it has to become optional to go out of the way for this. If it was my decision, I would have honored the moment of silence, but I'm not going to expect it for every media outlet in perpetuity.

But they had kris jenner on, a moment of silence is much more important than that piece of trash, I am sure others can agree on that

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I'd pay good money for a moment of silence from our resident screaming jackass OP.