NBC News Poll: Only 32% of Americans Trust FBI

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/poll-little-confidence-major-american-institutions-n697931

A new NBC poll was just released showing that the FBI is no longer trusted by most Americans.

adults_with_a_-great_deal-quite_a_bit-_of_confidence_in-_confidence_chartbuilder_bc7e3365b2a44d31d0d27e7f6584ce81.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.png

Amazingly, Americans continue to hold a great amount of trust in the Military, Small Business, and law enforcment/Police. This is surprising to me, but it actually offers an interesting explanation to why Trump is stacking his cabinet with generals and billionaires. As the two most respected institutions in America, Trump absolutely MUST stock his government with rich people and military men. Maybe a few cops too, like that Slager fellow who recently has been under some hard times. He looks like just the kind of guy Trump loves: Shoots first, right when you turn your back to him.

Jul 9, 2009
Trust in the national media is way, way too high at 16%. Military, the police and small business are lower than they should be. The Supreme Court will gain in trust once a couple of Trump nominees get appointed. It would increase even faster if jokes like Sotomayor and Kagan voluntarily stepped down

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
That poll is either an indictment of how stupid and propagandized Americans are or it's not an accurate reflection of the populace.

Public schools with a 31% trust rate versus small business with 57%. Propagandizement. Even the tech industry beats schools. Pathetic.

Police/law enforcement and the military are definitely more benign than public school teachers. Haha.

Actually... the most amusing thing is that health insurance companies are at the bottom of the list and yet Americans allowed Congress and the Supreme Court to force them to bankroll their lobbying, ads, and golden parachutes. BAaaa!

Last edited:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Once people start questioning the integrity of their government they will look to a leader that scapegoats the countries problem. I think history shows us that that person is someone who typically has a military background.

How many of trumps picks are generals again?

At risk of sounding hyperbolic, trumps presidency is exactly how fascism takes hold.

How many billionaires are in trumps cabinet again?

Hmm...I wonder what Russia has to do with all this? A once powerful nation now weakened by sanctions, ruled by a dictator who literally kills his opposition and who wishes to rebuild Russia into a mighty world power again. Doesn't sound familiar at all.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Trust in the national media is way, way too high at 16%. Military, the police and small business are lower than they should be. The Supreme Court will gain in trust once a couple of Trump nominees get appointed. It would increase even faster if jokes like Sotomayor and Kagan voluntarily stepped down

Authoritarian much?

That poll would be 0% across the board for me. I have little confidence in anything or anyone I do not know. Trust in authority is a very dangerous thing.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
Once people start questioning the integrity of their government they will look to a leader that scapegoats the countries problem. I think history shows us that that person is someone who typically has a military background.

At risk of sounding hyperbolic, trumps presidency is exactly how fascism takes hold.

Hmm...I wonder what Russia has to do with all this? A once powerful nation now weakened by sanctions, ruled by a dictator who literally kills his opposition and who wishes to rebuild Russia into a mighty world power again. Doesn't sound familiar at all.
Having a military background isn't always a bad thing. Read "War is a Racket" by Smedley Butler.

Jul 9, 2009
That poll is either an indictment of how stupid and propagandized Americans are or it's not an accurate reflection of the populace.

Public schools with a 31% trust rate versus small business with 57%. Propagandizement. Even the tech industry beats schools. Pathetic.

Police/law enforcement and the military are definitely more benign than public school teachers. Haha.

Actually... the most amusing thing is that health insurance companies are at the bottom of the list and yet Americans allowed Congress and the Supreme Court to force them to bankroll their lobbying, ads, and golden parachutes. BAaaa!
Maybe it's just that having experience with the piss poor public school education system that now exists in most of this country that people give it a rating based on their own personal experience.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
A new NBC poll was just released showing that the FBI is no longer trusted by most Americans.

Your comment of "no more" really doesn't have any weight. I imagine you are saying that because you think that the FBI influenced the election? If so, what was the FBI's trust two months ago, a year ago, or more? Without numbers to compare (from the same source), not that I trust polls at face value anymore, this poll really doesn't do much to prove your point, that I'm assuming you're trying to make. If not, then I apologize for assuming.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
Maybe it's just that having experience with the piss poor public school education system that now exists in most of this country that people give it a rating based on their own personal experience.
Politicians continue to try to siphon money into charter schools and other for-profit entities. They denigrate public schooling to convince people to do it. This makes their friends a tidy profit and makes it harder for the average child to compete with the children of the wealthy. Expensive schools will let in a few token outsiders but the fix will be in.

Part of the game is to throw disruptive and stupid students into the general classroom (as well as force teachers to use poor-quality textbooks rather than letting them design their own lessons/materials). This is not the fault of teachers. It is part of the political gambit to erode confidence in public schooling. Gifted education is not required by the state of Ohio, for instance. It's not deemed necessary by the political class to make sure bright students receive enough education but it's important to put disruptive and stupid students into the classroom.

Teachers are respected in Finland, Asia, and elsewhere. The USA has a very warped attitude toward schools but it's all part of the hierarchy. Everything in this country is moving toward more rigid social class. The concept of public anything is anathema to this trend.

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Your comment of "no more" really doesn't have any weight. I imagine you are saying that because you think that the FBI influenced the election? If so, what was the FBI's trust two months ago, a year ago, or more? Without numbers to compare (from the same source), not that I trust polls at face value anymore, this poll really doesn't do much to prove your point, that I'm assuming you're trying to make. If not, then I apologize for assuming.

No, I'm saying that because that is what the poll states... quite plainly so. I don't think the FBI influenced anything because they are incompetent. Unlike the CIA, though, they had a good reputation amongst most americans until Comey started his campaign to make encryption and security illegal along with his simultaneous campaign against Apple Inc. His most recent public brain fart about the election is just more proof of FBI incompetence in my mind.

The FBI could never influence an election in their own right, they needed to be told what to do by Putin's SVR. This was clearly on display when they were taking part in their numerous "investigations" into HRC. They later were referred to as "Trumpland" by their own officers who stated that Comey had an "insurrection" going on in his bureau as people were threatening to leak his own investigation to the news. How exactly an agent "threatens" the director of the FBI to leak confidential information and doesn't end up immediately arrested is beyond me...

I could look up numbers for you but I don't think I'll bother because the fact that the FBI is only trusted by 32% of Americans is remarkable to anyone with a brain, and indicates that they have indeed fallen far.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

This road to fascism started long ago. But has ramped up greatly under Bush II and Obama thanks to the war on terror(boogeyman). Trump is the perfect asshole to take advantage of all the legal frameworks the previous two presidents laid out.

And it is rather interesting how nationalism is ramping up across Europe and here about 8 years after the great recession. This timeline would put us around 1937-38.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

this is why you are a troll bot.

Jul 9, 2009
this is why you are a troll bot.
aww did i have the temerity to disagree with your political opinion? Is that not allowed in your little liberal bubble world? Did i say something you thought was mean and now you have to retreat to your happy place? Is our precious little snowflake melting?

Feb 24, 2001
These results are always the same:

Do you trust congress: No
Do you trust your congressperson: Yes

Everyone votes no on national level, yes for their person. Always has been, always will be.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
aww did i have the temerity to disagree with your political opinion? Is that not allowed in your little liberal bubble world? Did i say something you thought was mean and now you have to retreat to your happy place? Is our precious little snowflake melting?

lolno. I have skin, you do not.

But you simply spout generic talking points as if they have any substance. You're a troll bot, and disappointingly cliche at that.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
lolno. I have skin, you do not.

But you simply spout generic talking points as if they have any substance. You're a troll bot, and disappointingly cliche at that.

I would disagree he's a troll bot, but rather the fairly common american conservative the likes of which you hate to acknowledge as the norm these days.

Feb 16, 2005
lol... what a maroon.

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014

So how does it feel to be so utterly worthless as a human being that you can't take pride in your own achievements or back up your opinions but have to retreat into a fantasy world so that you have something to insult in the people you dislike? How does it feel having them belie your words by laughing at you like the sad joke you are when if your insults had truth they would be hurt? Acknowledging that would have to hurt a lot to let you plow through that much cognitive dissonance. The only thing that hurts in all your posts is seeing you sully the word temerity by associating it with your insipid drivel.

Reactions: wirelessenabled

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015

FIVR

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2016
Comey is not a secret Russian anything, he's just another useful idiot. Clinton doesn't get to "recommend indictment" on anything, lol... she's not a prosecutor and it's not her job. She wasn't even a prosecutor when she was a practicing attorney.

I do agree that Comey's appointment was a boon to the SVR, but the FBI has been filled with morons for a long time. If not Comey, another useful idiot would've offered his services.