NBA players voting to end the season in solidarity with Jacob Blake

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I wasn't aware that there was another league they could play in. I don't follow sports at all.

What are they going to do? Play for the Harlem Globetrotters? I'd imagine that none other basketball associations in the US pay nearly as much as the NBA does.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Like someone already pointed out they already do those things. Again, you are just one of those racist assholes that will complain no matter how black people protest. Like that twat Laura Ingraham you want them to "just shut up and dribble". 'Just amuse me boy, don't go gettin' all uppity"

Maybe Laura Ingraham should get some pointers from the CCP, because somehow they are able to get them to shut up and dribble, and much more.

Nov 8, 2012
What are they going to do? Play for the Harlem Globetrotters? I'd imagine that none other basketball associations in the US pay nearly as much as the NBA does.

Which was precisely to my point/response of purbeast of if the NBA needs the players SOOOOO bad, then why aren't the players coming together and creating their own league?

The answer is they can't and won't.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Which was precisely to my point/response of purbeast of if the NBA needs the players SOOOOO bad, then why aren't the players coming together and creating their own league?

The answer is they can't and won't.

Because you complete fucking moron, they actually work with a corporation that not only pays them well and supports their outside of court issues but they also encourage it.

They don’t create another league or threaten to create one because there is no need.

Imagine that, a business that takes care of its employees and it’s employees taking care of the employer.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Right. Because players aren't a dime a dozen with plenty in the batting cages of college ready to join at anytime.

So why haven't the players branched off and just made/managed their own league?
Basketball bruh. They play basketball. There's no batting cages in basketball. You're so far out of your league you're literally talking about the wrong sport. You're a fucking caricature of angry white relics across America.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Because you complete fucking moron, they actually work with a corporation that not only pays them well and supports their outside of court issues but they also encourage it.

They don’t create another league or threaten to create one because there is no need.

Imagine that, a business that takes care of its employees and it’s employees taking care of the employer.

He seems to think conservatives are the only part of the fan base.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
There is some really good chatter on NBA Countdown tonight on ESPN. Like really good.

I see this 2 day boycott as being very successful. These discussions going on right now on ESPN being watched by potentially millions of people wouldn't be happening if they did not boycott for a second day.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Basketball bruh. They play basketball. There's no batting cages in basketball. You're so far out of your league you're literally talking about the wrong sport. You're a fucking caricature of angry white relics across America.
Yeah I mean it's super obvious he has no clue what he's talking about but I decided to bite and explain it to him. And as expected it went way over his head. I'm not gonna bother with him anymore.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Yeah I mean it's super obvious he has no clue what he's talking about but I decided to bite and explain it to him. And as expected it went way over his head. I'm not gonna bother with him anymore.
He's on my ignore list. I can see responses to him and to others on my ignore list. All those are overwhelmingly negative, confirming the strength of my decisions. Don't feed the trolls.

Reactions: purbeast0

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Still waiting for the resident racists to tell us darkies what form of protest is acceptable to them since they complain NO MATTER HOW us darkies decide to exercise our 1A rights.
I would call them out for you but I have all these assholes on ignore for a reason.

Reactions: KMFJD

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
In addition, the Bucks weren't twiddling their thumbs while they stayed in the locker room. They were on the phone with the LT Governor and State AG. They were learning about the process and asking what they could do to help most. When they came out they called for the state legislature to reconvene and vote on the police reform legislative package that Evers introduced.
with republicans running the state legislature that likely will not happen