NBA players voting to end the season in solidarity with Jacob Blake

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Good for them.

It almost feels like there is too much to fix in this country for there to be any sports or other extracurricular activities.

Hopefully something, anything, will come of this.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The NBA should just cancel the rest of this lousy season and donate all the prize money and remaining unpaid player salaries to black charities.

After losing out on all of that money, I doubt that any teams will try to pull a similar stunt next year.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
The NBA should just cancel the rest of this lousy season and donate all the prize money and remaining unpaid player salaries to black charities.

After losing out on all of that money, I doubt that any teams will try to pull a similar stunt next year.

Figures. After all the shit that’s transpired over this year, not to mention the decades upon decades of the same shit leading up to today, the takeaway for you is this is all just a bunch of stunts.

About says all that needs to be said about you, quite concisely.

Nov 8, 2012
Looks like they met their virtue signaling quota for the year.

1598529264197.png

lol we can't have that silly buns - then they would actually do something productive and make it seem as though they actually care.

Of course people like the OP have clearly already guzzled down the koolaid of virtue signaling.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Figures. After all the shit that’s transpired over this year, not to mention the decades upon decades of the same shit leading up to today, the takeaway for you is this is all just a bunch of stunts.

About says all that needs to be said about you, quite concisely.

You don't think that at least part of this is a publicity stunt? The ratings for these NBA games have been lousy, mostly because watching live sports without fans in the stands is kinda lame.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You don't think that at least part of this is a publicity stunt? The ratings for these NBA games have been lousy, mostly because watching live sports without fans in the stands is kinda lame.
And you think NOT playing games is going to help with the ratings?

Da fuck?

P.S. The NBA reboot has been fantastic with some incredible games, especially once the playoffs started.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001

View attachment 28698

lol we can't have that silly buns - then they would actually do something productive and make it seem as though they actually care.

Of course people like the OP have clearly already guzzled down the koolaid of virtue signaling.

You don't think this comes at a cost for them?
Tremendous cost for some?

Rub a couple brain cells together for a moment and rethink this position.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Y’all forget this whole NBA bubble was very close to not happening at all.The amount of money the players give up by not playing these games is actually quite minimal. This is why a lot of the big stars weren’t really wanting to play to begin with. The risk far out weights the reward for all but the lowest paid players.

Players are only docked up to 15% of their salary(capped at 14 games). At this point the dock wouldn’t be that high. It would probably be at most 8.6%. I doubt it would be that high because the league has the players backs.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Somebody said that sports are basically a reward for a functioning society. Seems like an opinion worthy of at least consideration.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Glad to see the Belittling Brigade is out in force this morning. Guess those RT checks cleared this morning, eh?
Its funny the same people who were accusing liberals of attacking anyone who "dared to step off the plantation" are complaining that players should shut up and get back to work entertaining them.

Once again proof of conservatives just projecting their shitty behavior and views onto everyone else.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

View attachment 28698

Next level assholery unlocked. Congrats.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Somebody said that sports are basically a reward for a functioning society. Seems like an opinion worthy of at least consideration.

I will agree that our nation is less than functional.

Though I might guess they got to choose this course of action after the disaster of COVID already devastated sports. They have probably wanted to shut it down for months to avoid becoming sick.

OTOH, if this is solely for Blake and police reform at large. Then I say good for them. This is an example of good trouble.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
Good riddance, finally the abomination is over... It was not sports anymore anyways, it was a political shit show.

• Haha
Reactions: dawp

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Yet another racist objecting to ANY method black people protest.

I'll ask you as well, what method is acceptable to you for black people to protest? Clearly peaceful draws your criticism.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I will agree that our nation is less than functional.

Though I might guess they got to choose this course of action after the disaster of COVID already devastated sports. They have probably wanted to shut it down for months to avoid becoming sick.

OTOH, if this is solely for Blake and police reform at large. Then I say good for them. This is an example of good trouble.

No, the NBA bubble was solid. They successfully kept the virus out with science and confidence was high.

This is genuine anger about what's happened. Again.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think continuing the Season/Playoffs gives a better opportunity to make supportive statements to the Cause. Not Playing gives away a great Platform from which to vocalize support.

That said, my motivations are not pure as I don't want the NHL to follow along with the NBA on this. Nevertheless, the NBA Players should make the statement they want the way the want to make it.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I think continuing the Season/Playoffs gives a better opportunity to make supportive statements to the Cause. Not Playing gives away a great Platform from which to vocalize support.

That said, my motivations are not pure as I don't want the NHL to follow along with the NBA on this. Nevertheless, the NBA Players should make the statement they want the way the want to make it.

Yeah, I think it's their decision to make and I'm not going to deeply weigh in on which would be more effective. Where the business end of this is concerned I think the idea is that excessive unaddressed racial inequities can impact the bottom line in ongoing meaningful ways could change the views of a group of extremely wealthy and powerful people.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Good riddance, finally the abomination is over... It was not sports anymore anyways, it was a political shit show.
Well you clearly weren't watching so I'm sure they will your non-viewership from a non-viewer.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
And you think NOT playing games is going to help with the ratings?

Da fuck?

P.S. The NBA reboot has been fantastic with some incredible games, especially once the playoffs started.

Honestly, the whole NBA "bubble playoff" seems to be a failure. Killing it off early with this weird virtue signaling effort might not be a bad idea for them. Take the PR "win", and focus on making next year better.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Honestly, the whole NBA "bubble playoff" seems to be a failure. Killing it off early with this weird virtue signaling effort might not be a bad idea for them. Take the PR "win", and focus on making next year better.
So another non-viewer. I'm sure the NBA will miss your non-viewership of games you weren't watching anyways.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Selfishly, I hope it doesn't end as a Celtics fan here. With the sweet sweep of the 76ers and the fact that we are finally getting the Celtics v Raptors series we've been wanting for quite some time. I will be pretty sad, but I get it though.

I was glad that I was able to take my kids to Cleveland for the Celtics game before everything got shutdown though. I hope I can bring them to more games in the future.