NBA: LeBron James is the next............

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Good article. I defiinitely agree 5 games through his second NBA season as a 19 (?) year old is waay to early to measure or predict his future.

Stojakapimp

Platinum Member
Jun 28, 2002
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
pretty good article ... argh, any torrents for televised games? I don't have TNT :(

seriously...that would be such a good idea. I never get to see kings game and they hardly ever play on network tv this year. Let me know if you find a site

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Stojakapimp
Originally posted by: LordSnailz
pretty good article ... argh, any torrents for televised games? I don't have TNT :(

seriously...that would be such a good idea. I never get to see kings game and they hardly ever play on network tv this year. Let me know if you find a site

You're a n00b, that's why.

I told you I can work something out if you really want me to, that goes for anyone. I've got Comcast Sportsnet and means better than a TV Tuner to upload with.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
LeBron is the next Magic, Melo just plain sucks, and a whinning lil biatch, the next Antoine Walker in best case scenario, but most likely the next Glenn Robinson.

Melo need to STFU and stop gauranteeing sh!t, remember he gauranteed a gold medal before the Olympics? what a dumbfvck. Now hes gauranteeing a playoff berth.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
The difference between LeBron and the players listed is that the players listed win, LeBron doesn't.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: tfinch2
The difference between LeBron and the players listed is that the players listed win, LeBron doesn't.

it takes time, just like the article stating that Jordan took time to win, kobe in his first few years didn't win either but both eventually did.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: maddogchen
Originally posted by: tfinch2

it takes time, just like the article stating that Jordan took time to win, kobe in his first few years didn't win either but both eventually did.

exactly, they shouldn't compare him to the likes of those elite athletes until he wins and proves something. mcgrady has had the same numbers for a few years, but guess what? he doesn't win so nobody cares!

Thraxen

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2001
exactly, they shouldn't compare him to the likes of those elite athletes until he wins and proves something. mcgrady has had the same numbers for a few years, but guess what? he doesn't win so nobody cares!

But last I checked basketball was a team sport. If this is a discussion about skills or athletic ability why should "winning" even be part of the equation? Sure, if it was his fault his team wasn't winning then you would have a point.

Attrox

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2004
Yeah, people need to stop all the hype until he can perform when it counts.
His shot selection is poor IMO.

Gatos

Oct 14, 2004
Lebron needs someone else to win, There is no one else on the Cavs. Jordan had a great supporting cast namely Pippen and Magic had the laker group with a lot of great players. Lebron is a great player, I think the article is to early!! The Cavs suck, they have no one except for Lebron. He needs one more player that team that can dominate.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Gatos
Lebron needs someone else to win, There is no one else on the Cavs. Jordan had a great supporting cast namely Pippen and Magic had the laker group with a lot of great players. Lebron is a great player, I think the article is to early!! The Cavs suck, they have no one except for Lebron. He needs one more player that team that can dominate.

what about the center? sorry can't spell his name, Ilgauskas

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
last night was amazing... the 3 and the dunk to bring it into overtime. Flashes of greatness.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
LeBron is much better this early in his career than MJ was. if he keeps this up personally i think he will surpass jordan

Originally posted by: Syringer
Good article. I defiinitely agree 5 games through his second NBA season as a 19 (?) year old is waay to early to measure or predict his future.

As much as i hate to agree with you. ditto

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
nobody will ever surpass jordan. jordan pumped in 30 a night, every night. every whoops and hollers when lebron hits 25 pts saying what a great game and the cavs still lose, but jordan did it every day.

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Gatos

what about the center? sorry can't spell his name, Ilgauskas
Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a good shooter and among the best centers in the league. Big Z was the one that hit the three-pointer to tie the game last night. For the record, Zydrunas is 7'3", 260lbs and is averaging ~20ppg.

machintos

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2003
i heard last night was impressive, leading the cavs back against the Suns.

last night was WOW!! but it was ilgauskas who took the cavs back in the game. James helped but ilgauskas deserve the credit. He made 3 3-pointers that caused the overtime and the lead over the suns.