NBA Fans: When did Carlos Boozer decide to become a Superstar?

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
did he always have this talent level?

is it just a result of team chemistry?

12 rpg and 22 ppg make him a legitimate star if not a superstar in my books.

question is of course can he keep it up for a whole season.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Q: When did Carlos Boozer decide to become a Superstar?

A: When he left Cleveland...

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: dartworth

well, that's understandable, there is really only room for ONE superstar in Cleveland, THE Lebron.

;)

Patt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
When he got out from LJ's shadow and signed for a team without a star :p

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
Originally posted by: dartworth

false, actually his last year in Cleveland he was well on his way. Imagine him + lebron, cavs would've gone a lot farther than w/ gooden.

2003-04 his last year with cleveland he was a 15 ppg 11 rpg guy and if you look at the last half of the year you'll see 20 and 10.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/363...ArhS7eYs.fta8BxXHW0qnoekvLYF?year=2003

Jun 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Patt
When he got out from LJ's shadow and signed for a team without a star :p
He was in Cleveland for one year with Lebron and they were quickly becoming the premiere 1-2 combo in the East.

He left Cleveland and became an injury prone money pit. His last two seasons have been mediocre, which always kept a little smile on my face being a Cavs fan.

KnickNut3

Platinum Member
Oct 1, 2001
Originally posted by: chuckywang
When he decided to attend Duke.

/thread

(by the way, I guessed who posted it after I read that great line and was right... are there many more of us on here?)

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
Originally posted by: KnickNut3

/thread

(by the way, I guessed who posted it after I read that great line and was right... are there many more of us on here?)

Or maybe it was when he decided to screw over and lie to a blind dude.

cHeeZeFacTory

Golden Member
Apr 23, 2001
he's no superstar by a long shot. When he does this for 4 more seasons, get to a all star game, leads his team to the playoffs, will his ways to wins in the playoffs. Then, he becomes a superstar.

Cal166

Diamond Member
May 6, 2000
Can we talk a little about Deron Williams? He's proving many that he deserves the number #3 pick over Chris Paul.

msparish

Aug 27, 2003
Originally posted by: scootermaster
Originally posted by: KnickNut3

/thread

Or maybe it was when he decided to screw over and lie to a blind dude.

That is rediculous. Sure, it may have happened like that or it may not have; however, if it did then the Cavaliers were breaking NBA rules. The Cavs were fools for letting Boozer out of his contract, plain and simple.

Nutdotnet

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2000
Man...Boozer used to OWN kids when he played high-school ball...he went to H.S. up here in Alaska. It was silly how much better he was than most of the guys he played against.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
He's playing amazing right now. I'm still not sold on his long term durability though.

Apr 17, 2005
and to think i passed him over in my fantasy draft for rasheed wallace :|

anyway, the jazz are pretty dominant. If kirilinko can become more consistant, they could have a legitimate shot.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Don't worry. Boozer will trip over his own shoelace in the next month, and be out for the season again.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I think we're finally seeing some of these Duke players shake off that Coach K mantra and perform well in the NBA with other players.

Of course, now Duke can't even beat Marquette. :p

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
i read an interesting stat......the Utah Jazz have six players who average between 9-20 points per game. and none of those are Andre Kirilenko :Q

who would have thought the Jazz would be 12-1 with AK47 averaging 7.9 ppg???

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Originally posted by: iamme
i read an interesting stat......the Utah Jazz have six players who average between 9-20 points per game. and none of those are Andre Kirilenko :Q

who would have thought the Jazz would be 12-1 with AK47 averaging 7.9 ppg???

But AK47 gets what...9.7BLK per game? :p

When he's healthy, he's a freaking beast. I've had him on my fantasy teams three years now. Talk about a double double machine.

The Jazz took one year longer than I thought they would to get to this level. I thought it would happen last year, but Deron Williams wasn't quite NBA ready as soon as I thought he would be. This year Booz and Williams are turning into the new Malone/Stockton pick and roll combo.

Okur is a very versitile scorer for a center and AK is an assassin working off the weak side of the ball on defense. Their rookie draft Millsap has been very aggressive for them too. Great defender.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Cal166
Can we talk a little about Deron Williams? He's proving many that he deserves the number #3 pick over Chris Paul.

Thank you.

I'd like to know when he decided to be a star. His is playing out of his friggin mind.

Stats

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: BrokenVisage
I think we're finally seeing some of these Duke players shake off that Coach K mantra and perform well in the NBA with other players.

Of course, now Duke can't even beat Marquette. :p
It seems like the Dookies that do well in the NBA are the ones who leave early before graduating (just like all the other NBA hopefuls). I guess spending a full four years in a college system isn't healthy for an NBA baller.

And oh, I'm so glad Dook lost cuz I'm still pissed about losing to Gonzaga. Now I'm really lookin' forward to the Ohio State game--should be a good one!