Navy official confirms White House requested USS McCain be kept away during Trump visit

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Why, exactly, are we supposed to care about this? Any small thing get's turned into a mountain around here. Nobody around here could care less about McCain until Trump was elected, then since he was anti-Trump, the left decided he was some kind of hero.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Yea, it was one of his house lackeys looking out for the Oh so fragile ego of the Stable Genius. As Trump said they were well meaning though.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Yep, this whole thing with the Trump/McCain imbroglio is completely McCain's fault because Trump, being the honest, forthright, truthful and compassionate kind of guy would never ever EVER hang insulting nicknames on people that he considers to be harmful to his image, nor would he EVER insult our war heroes who were willing to give their lives for the security and freedom of the nation and the citizens who live in it. (Pssst - *hint- Trump did say that McCain was not a war hero so it was OK to diss him).

NO no no no no, Trump is way above, stratospherically above resorting to that kind of petty demeaning childish behavior.

/s

Jan 25, 2011
Why, exactly, are we supposed to care about this? Any small thing get's turned into a mountain around here. Nobody around here could care less about McCain until Trump was elected, then since he was anti-Trump, the left decided he was some kind of hero.
Because Trump and his admin repeatedly uses the military for political purposes as props. Full stop. That’s why. Banning serving soldiers from attending the speech if they serve on a certain ship when ones from every other ship are invited is disgusting. It’s indefensible.

Reactions: dingster1

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Actually, he has been considered a hero for a very long time. What really happened is that McCain became an issue for Bonespurs saying he prefered people who didn't get captured, like the piece of filth that he is, and now every asshole who is so self protective and unable to feel any shame, can't help but go ape shit every time the name McCain comes up in their effort to deflect away that shame. Shame on you compuwiz, you fucking anti American traitor. Shame on you for defending President Turd. Just a few years back I would be willing to bet, you thought of McCain as a great man who withstood years and years of torture, had his body beaten to crap, surviving years and years in a prison camp. And there's more to that story. And he has long had friends on the other side of the aisle.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

If we aren't supposed to care then why did they lie about it repeatedly?

It's funny that you're trying to blame people for pointing out that the administration lied instead of blaming the administration for lying.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

It's funny that you're trying to blame people for pointing out that the administration lied instead of blaming the administration for lying.
Some day these people will realize that are email trails and video. But the Trumpistas seem impervious to real reality.

Nov 25, 2013

Deplorable.

Reactions: Meghan54

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Some day these people will realize that are email trails and video. But the Trumpistas seem impervious to real reality.

All these folks are doing is emulating their esteemed and beloved role model, the one and only spoiled brat man-child with the silver spoon up his ass, the Sultan of Sleaze, the Prince of Petty, the Duke of Delusion, the Ayatollah of Craparolla, Donny Dingus Dipshit of Orraaaaaaaaange.

Denly

Golden Member
May 14, 2011

Don't you find it "fascinating" Trump and co lie about everything big and small?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Wow you were able to get that out with Trump's dick in your mouth?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Serious question, when in the last several years (even pre-trump) has compuwiz given a shit about the truth?

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000

I'm surprised you're not making a bigger deal about Trump being in Japan on the taxpayer dime on Memorial Day seeing as that was so incredibly offensive to you a short 3 years ago.
I would say that Trump's behavior is in fact an embarrassment to our men and women who serve.
I'm not here to say he apologized, but I do have a question.

Why is he away, fucking off somewhere else, on the taxpayer dime, instead of here honoring those who made great sacrifices for our country. It's Memorial weekend, for Christ sake! The Japanese, if they know about this, have to be laughing their asses off. Obama is an embarrassment to our men and women who serve.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I'm surprised you're not making a bigger deal about Trump being in Japan on the taxpayer dime on Memorial Day seeing as that was so incredibly offensive to you a short 3 years ago.
I would say that Trump's behavior is in fact an embarrassment to our men and women who serve.

It only mattered if the black man did it. The white guy is just being a statesman.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Soon he'll order (via tweet) that all ships are now named "The Donald". - "Finally, something named after me that will float!"

Couldn’t they just say it was a different ship? I'm sure he can’t tell one from another.

The military is run by this child in adult clothing. Scariest thing ever.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Gotta love some classic Trump supporter hypocrisy in black and white.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Hero? Far from it!
War Hero? I guess.
But a hero to every one who needs desperate healthcare? sure!

It's funny all you Trump voters are dying the fastest in America due to your high stress, high diabetic, high blood pressure and high on opiod lifestyle but right Obama from Kenya is the most evil person in your lives!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
People cared about McCain when Trump criticized him for being a POW.

Maybe people are concerned because we have a President this unstable. Pretty dangerous for the country.

Mar 11, 2004

Makes me wonder if he wasn't one of those championing McCain back in 2008 (or 2000). I'm sure we wouldn't find any blatant hypocritical views towards McCain if we looked!

Of course, even though they seem to think more highly of him than I do, I don't know of any liberals calling McCain a hero (outside of perhaps his war service), but hey compuwiz can't not constantly defend everything his right wing doms tell him to.

Mar 11, 2004
People cared about McCain when Trump criticized him for being a POW.

Maybe people are concerned because we have a President this unstable. Pretty dangerous for the country.

I'm pretty sure people cared about McCain when he ran for President, or the various times he's been part of politics. But nah, it was literally only in this moment that anyone in this forum cared about him. So sayeth compuwiz, master of knowing jack shit.