Navy Field

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
I played it a LOT when it was in Beta (and it seemed like it would never go retail). I got up to around level 45-50 with my M-Project, then the grind just got too annoying. And my crew kinda sucked. It's amazing to see that the same people are still on the top of the charts after a couple years, though. I wonder if they've added any good new game modes (the Capture The Cargo mode couldn't have been more stupid).

SergeC

May 7, 2005
I played it in beta as well - had one of the first couple US carriers.

Was a blast for a while....but really, it's very monotonous, and to get anywhere requires massive grind. It's also very hard to start now, as too many players are very high, and just rock you with uber-torps.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
It was really fun dodging and shooting down bombers, evading torpedoes, and broadsiding ships. It was great when I finally learned the angles for my ships by heart and could just pummel the enemy from maximum distance, hitting every time. The good old days...

IcePickFreak

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2007
I played the beta as well, although I never got extremely high lvl I made it to the lower 30's. I already got worn out by the grind at that point, and the amount of jap torp boats made it more of a dodging game than anything.

Maximilian

Lifer
Feb 8, 2004
Navyfield is fun and addictive! I played it in beta and just a year ago as well, i got banned for something though, probably teamkilling. I used to cruise about in my Z99 destroyer and my DDX class destroyer beating on smaller ships or getting up close with some of the bigger ones and sinking them. Z99 is an awesome little ship.