Navman: iCN510 Pocket GPS for $329

imported_Seth

Sep 18, 2004
I know someone already posted about the Outpost.com new years sale, but looks like they were focussing on the motherboard specials. They also have a couple of really good prices on navigation systems. The next best price I could find on the Navman is about $100 more, and it seems to have gotten pretty good reviews. I am very tempted.
Also, did a quick froogle search and didn't turn up any cheaper prices on the Magellin.

Navman iCN510

Magellin Roadmate 500+

Edit: No longer $299, but as was just pointed out by 1911, it's back in stock for $329.

jhansman

Platinum Member
Feb 5, 2004
Excellent find on the Navman. This deal is also posted over on gpspassion.com if anyone wants to read user comments and reviews as well. Looks like the xmas $$ I got is gone!

uwannawhat

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by: Seth
II am very tempted.

So am I. I've actually been following this thread over @ FW & from what I've read, although a good buy not very reliable. However @ this price point considering a much more powerfull GPS would run you a lot more money.

I'd say it's a :cool: gadget but I'm very afraid I'd be dissapointed.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
i bought one of these from outpost right after christmas.

it's small enough that you can carry it around with you anywhere. I love that it automatically reroutes you where you need to go. The 3.5" screen is readable, the windshield mount is excellent. Volume is a bit low, and input of destinations is a bit awkward (no QWERTY keyboard, just ABCDE...what idiot made that decision???) also, the 5-way keypad is way too sensitive. battery life seems excellent so far, running 4-6 hours from estimates.

although not nearly as full featured as my laptop running delorme or ms S&T with my USB GPS, it's really a neat little unit that kills the price on any other portable GPS.

for $299, if you need an in car GPS, it's a steal. if you HAVE $700 or $800, there are probably better options.