IP:
204.248.53.42:27015

Original NS Thread

Get / Learn about NS at their site

/edit: my bad on server ip

wfbberzerker

Lifer
Apr 12, 2001
sweetest mod for halflife ive played since DoD (better than cs i think)

bmd also runs a server (dont know if he still does, actually, havent played in a few days)

GT1999

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hey noob. So you're tekk? I'm Haste. Nice playing on ns_eclipse there. I love being Gorge on Aliens - tons of fun building everything. Damn, we owned those marines.

Edit: By the way, the IP is 204.248.53.42 - small correction there :D

--

If you're close to Chicago, IL you'll get a decent ping to my server. NS server code is a real hog, so having a 2.4GHz w/ 533, 512MB DDR, and a fast HDD really helps keep the lag minimal. With a 1.1GHz TBird w/ 512MB RAM and the CS server running in the background, pings would skyrocket up to 800ms sometimes when the CS server was populated, but with the 2.4 doing just Natural Selection, pings are much better.

As the map keeps running more and more entities are created though, and the server has to do more. This can cause latency to go up in the scoreboard a bit, but I haven't found a server with a better ping than mine, yet. If you aren't near Chicago, you might lag, though. I still run a CS server, but I don't play CS anymore. NS > CS.

<shameless plug> My server's website is www.hastezone.com </shameless plug>

no0b

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2001
Mornin' Bump

Bmd's server is down has been for about 1 week. So this is even a better alternative.

/Edit: Haste, sorry about freaking you out last night.