Native Canadian women sold on U.S. ships, researcher says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
Native Canadian women sold on U.S. ships, researcher says

CBC – Wed, 21 Aug, 2013

An American researcher says First Nations women from Thunder Bay, Ont., have been sold on ships in the harbour at Duluth, Minn.

Christine Stark said the port at Duluth is notorious among First Nations people as a site for trafficking women.

The masters student at the University of Minnesota Duluth said she has anecdotal reports of women, teenage girls and boys, as well as babies being sold on ships for sex.

"The women and children — and I've even had women talk about a couple of babies brought onto the ships and sold to the men on ships — are being sold or are exchanging sex for alcohol, a place to stay, drugs, money and so forth.," Stark said. "It's quite shocking."

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Can you please stop with the obnoxious formatting? The logos and colored texts etc make the forums look like geocities or spam mail.

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
UglyCasanova,

I don't think it looks obnoxious, geocities-like, spam mail-like etc

I think it looks quite good ... but it's my own opinion only, however .. and I know .. "different folks different strokes")))

But I DO hear you, and will surely consider to thread-start in a more common way, next time I do (when / if I do).

Don't think I broke any forum rules, however ... by thread-starting in this particular way :)

I appreciate your suggestions however ....

LOL .. Look who's talking))) ... Coming from a person who, himself / herself, thread-starts like THIS, particularly.

/facepalm

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
UglyCasanova,

I don't think it looks obnoxious, geocities-like, spam mail-like etc

I think it looks quite good ... but it's my own opinion only, however .. and I know .. "different folks different strokes")))

But I DO hear you, and will surely consider to thread-start in a more common way, next time I do (when / if I do).

Don't think I broke any forum rules, however ... by thread-starting in this particular way :)

I appreciate your suggestions however ....

LOL .. Look who's talking))) ... Coming from a person who, himself / herself, thread-starts like THIS, particularly.

/facepalm

There's nothing at all wrong with that, and zero posters complained about it. At least it's formatted correctly and the text, pics and links isn't spread out cockeyed and half assed to cover half or less of the entire body of the post, which is mostly empty and blank, and like yours nearly always is.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

/facepalm

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
look at all these racists getting upset over a little bit of brown(ish)

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
There's nothing at all wrong with that, and zero posters complained about it. At least it's formatted correctly and the text, pics and links isn't spread out cockeyed and half assed to cover half or less of the entire body of the post, which is mostly empty and blank, and like yours nearly always is.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

/facepalm
... until one or two do (... sooner or later) ;)

As I said ... "different folks different strokes" (or is it "beauty in the eye of the beholder") :)

(BTW, I would never brought up that thread-starter post of yours first ...... I only brought it up cuz you (negatively) spoke of mine))))

It's not the end of the world, in any case, though, eh? ... As long as I don't thread-start like that EVERY time .. -- occasionally, it's OK, possibly ..... :rolleyes:

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
look at all these racists getting upset over a little bit of brown(ish)
Hey ... I was just going to eat a brownie here ... with my green tea ...

Because of you, i am somewhat hasitant to do so now ... :biggrin:

Darkman

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2013
hi-female-silhouette-852-4col.jpg

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/thund...en-human-trafficking-ships-united-states.html

--- Includes video (2:08)

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
Prostitution? On ships? Nooooo... say it isn't so... ! This is just common prostitution Darkman. It doesn't say the women are forced, or kept as sex slaves, but I guess the big "word" now is trafficking to make people think these women are forced into this. The only thing forcing these women into this line of work is as the article states. Poverty.

Status
Not open for further replies.