Nation's Capitol Declares Crime Emergency

Termagant

Mar 10, 2006
The activist, Alan Senitt, was attacked in the Georgetown area on Sunday, his throat was slit and police say the attackers attempted to rape his companion. It was the 13th homicide in the city this month. Robberies are up 14 percent, and armed assaults have jumped 18 percent in the past 30 days.

On Tuesday night, two women from Texas were robbed at gunpoint by two men dressed in all black, said U.S. Park Police Sgt. Scott Fear. About 15 minutes later, a family of four from Missouri was robbed by suspects with the same description, he said.

Link

When Americans read about Mogadishu, some image forms in their head reminiscent of Black Hawk Down. Even if its not accurate.

When the rest of the world reads about Washington DC, do they imagine some scene from Natural Born Killers?

Shouldn't having a safe capitol be a national priority just for the reasons of image, appearing to be civilized, allowing foreign diplomats to survive?

Personally, I blame Bush for this.:disgust:

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I think our capitol is a direct result of the evil inhabitants of the political houses located there.

tw1164

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 1999
I think Anthony A. Williams is more responsible for this then Bush, but its not as fun to blame Williams.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: tw1164
I think Anthony A. Williams is more responsible for this then Bush, but its not as fun to blame Williams.

I hate ALL of them.. :evil:

I cannot think of any politicians who are truly good people in all they do.. If you knowingly let someone do something bad.. are you just as bad as the person who did the bad thing??

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
DC has been a sh!thole my whole life. My family was forced to move out during the Mt. Pleasant Riots in 91. This is nothing new.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I remember 15 years ago.. some politician suggested a bill to buy the homeless weatherized cardboard boxes to live in..

MiniDoom

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2004
Originally posted by: tw1164

Anthony Williams > Marion Barry /

GeNome

Jan 12, 2006
Actually, when I think of Mogadishu, Zoolander comes to mind....

DC has never been a very safe place to live though, so it's not really surprising.