National Enquirer: "Pervy Ted Cruz"

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

swamplizard

Mar 18, 2016
Greetings Sportage,

The Trump can be guaged by what he doesn't say, which is basically anything that has to do realistically with the issues. Cruz can be guaged by what he does say, which is scarier than hell. Neither one is fit for the POTUS.

best regards,
swampy

PS. You're right, you can listen to Cruz once and hear the entire content of his race. Anymore than that is redundant.

sontakke

Aug 8, 2001
Parsing his sentence is fun. He likes to fcuk other rats but he draws a line at Donald. What kind of insult is that?

This is his EXACT quote:-

"Well, let me be clear: Donald Trump may be a rat, but I have no desire to copulate with him.”

I mean contrast this with something you might say "she may be a supermodel but I won't do her"

Any late night show host got hold of this gem yet? I don't think they can top this one ever though!

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
I can't stand Ted as a guy or on most of his vague positions however there is way too much speculation and assuming going on in this thread. There is no evidence to back these claims up.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I can't stand Ted as a guy or on most of his vague positions however there is way too much speculation and assuming going on in this thread. There is no evidence to back these claims up.
Never let that slow down a Republican band wagon. We must weigh these scandals by the preponderance of truthiness.

Feb 16, 2005

I kind of agree, while Cruz is generally a deplorable human being, there is not any tangible evidence of his infidelity. Forget his denials, nearly everyone who does get caught initially denies it, and then later owns up to it.
But Cruz... creepy? yes. powerful? yes. sexy? I'm gonna give that a big fuck no, he looks like a slightly melted Madame Tussaud's younger Grandpa Munster, and that's on a good day.

TeeJay1952

Golden Member
May 28, 2004
Trump said he would spill the beans now whole thing attributed to National Enquirer. Nice job Trump.

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014

Yup, ain't that a real bitch. This is a self-inflicted wound and rather than express sympathy with the 'victim', people are lining up to pour salt in the wound. Gee, I wonder why that is? Maybe it's because it couldn't have happened to a more deserving asshole? Besides, it would be irresponsible not to speculate...

because that's exactly what they would do in the same situation.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I hate to revel in this kind of thing, but Ted Cruz is such a repellent person, and his entire campaign has centered on appealing to evangelical voters, so there is clear hypocrisy. It seems very likely the National Enquirer has its ducks in a row (particularly given that the Washington Times has confirmed at least two of the women), so this issue is not going away. The idea of a hush payment to Fiorina is particularly interesting. In any case, even if the alternative is Donald Trump, I find Cruz the scariest of all of the existing candidates, so can't help but be pleased with this development.
Nailed it.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
Trump Supporter Drags Former Cruz Aide Into Bonkers Affair Rumor Mill On Live TV (VIDEO)

CNN’s Kate Bolduan brought pro-Trump Boston Herald columnist Amanda Cohen and former Cruz communications director Amanda Carpenter on her show to discuss this week’s heated fight between the Republican presidential candidates over their wives.

Asked if she thought Trump should move on after a week of name-calling, Cohen responded, “Oh absolutely. I think we should move on. Where we should move to is the National Enquirer story that says Ted Cruz has had affairs with five mistresses. You have been named, Amanda.”

I do not know if these surrogates are learning on the feet how to act like their boss or if it's just the way they are. Hilarious either way.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I kind of agree, while Cruz is generally a deplorable human being, there is not any tangible evidence of his infidelity. Forget his denials, nearly everyone who does get caught initially denies it, and then later owns up to it.
But Cruz... creepy? yes. powerful? yes. sexy? I'm gonna give that a big fuck no, he looks like a slightly melted Madame Tussaud's younger Grandpa Munster, and that's on a good day.

Lots of women seem to find powerful men attractive regardless of their looks. That said, I agree there is no persuasive evidence of infidelity. Not yet anyway.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Lots of women seem to find powerful men attractive regardless of their looks. That said, I agree there is no persuasive evidence of infidelity. Not yet anyway.
Seem the NE's track record is pretty good lately, and Washington Post has confirmed 2 of the affairs. Granted, they haven't told us what the evidence is for the infidelity, but when my weatherman is right most of the time about tomorrow's weather, I don't listen to his forecast with doubt, waiting for him to show me the computer models that determined that it will rain tomorrow.

lopri

Elite Member
Jul 27, 2002
The Washington Times is an alien organization not unlike the Enquirer.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
What is the point in publishing these stories without sources? Either they provide the sources or there is no story...except a story about how they're publishing accusations without sources. They're going to have to provide them eventually or else this is just going to fizzle out.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What is the point in publishing these stories without sources? Either they provide the sources or there is no story...except a story about how they're publishing accusations without sources. They're going to have to provide them eventually or else this is just going to fizzle out.
Timing is everything. As long as the story lasts through the primaries, it fulfills its purpose. After that, it's a non-story no matter its accuracy (unless Cruz wins, of course).

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Timing is everything. As long as the story lasts through the primaries, it fulfills its purpose. After that, it's a non-story no matter its accuracy (unless Cruz wins, of course).

I don't think so. If anything, in its current state, the story helps Cruz. He looks like the victim of a sleazy hatchet job by the press. And without evidence, that's exactly how the story appears right now: sleazy. As much as I despise Ted Cruz, there was no point in running this story except to sell issues of the NE. Which doesn't exactly cause me to agree with the rather glowing assessments of this tabloid that I've seen people give in this thread.

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Keep in mind that the NE took down Edwards and others. They don't mess around with politics unless they have a story. They know if they go after politicians they risk a lot of backlash.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Keep in mind that the NE took down Edwards and others. They don't mess around with politics unless they have a story. They know if they go after politicians they risk a lot of backlash.

Might be, but it's a non story for now. Without sources, it's just rumors.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Trump Supporter Drags Former Cruz Aide Into Bonkers Affair Rumor Mill On Live TV (VIDEO)

I do not know if these surrogates are learning on the feet how to act like their boss or if it's just the way they are. Hilarious either way.

I generally find these fighting spokesmen bits on CNN to be stupid, repellent and a general waste of time, but this sounds like a classic TV moment.

I have a theory about politicians-they all lust after one of three things-sex, money or power and of these three, sex (unless it involves children like Waterbury, CT's ex-mayor) is pretty irrelevant to me. OTOH Cruz is such a repugnant slime ball I cheer anything that will help bar him from the Presidency or any real future power.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
I generally find these fighting spokesmen bits on CNN to be stupid, repellent and a general waste of time, but this sounds like a classic TV moment.

I have a theory about politicians-they all lust after one of three things-sex, money or power and of these three, sex (unless it involves children like Waterbury, CT's ex-mayor) is pretty irrelevant to me. OTOH Cruz is such a repugnant slime ball I cheer anything that will help bar him from the Presidency or any real future power.

I agree with you in terms of caring less about sex scandals, but it's a lot more scandalous when it's a "family values" religious Christian who likes to sanctimoniously lecture about the importance of morality and how our nation is falling apart, then gets caught committing adultery with several women. Kind of like the anti-gay pols who are caught diddling some guy in an airport bathroom.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
The GOP establishment doesn't seem to like Cruz any more than they like Trump. I'm curious who they're trying to get nominated at the convention!

Yes, me too. But what's intriguing me even more is HOW they're going about it. The heads of state in the GOP aren't dummies in the sense that once a threat is recognized, the resources that they can bring to bear is impressive to say the least, but their cunning in the way they utilize their resources and how they exploit cut throat politiking is expertly done, well documented and highly regarded.

When the stakes are as high as they are, to me it's only a matter of the winners being more capable of maneuvering at a higher level of risk without things blowing up in their faces. And the Repubs are quite accomplished at doing just that, especially when it comes to BBQ'ing one of their own.

Last edited: