National Enquirer makes offer; Bezos: "No thank you, Mr.Pecker"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Actually, it was from when AMI first released some of their slime. My mistake.

I doubt that Trumpolini will resist the urge to wade in again.
I agree with you. I was surprised if he tweeted that fast.

He won't be able to resist taking a potshot at Beezos.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
huffpo knocks it out of the park

Dy10FFTWkAAdk-x.jpg

1989414-1266366844629.jpg

My name is Peck :p

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I hope Pecker is smart enough not to make any Amazon Prime orders for awhile. Just think of what Jeff might put in that order. :D

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Keep thinking about whatever info Bezos turned up to scare AMI into doing something so monumentally stupid.

Dunno that's he's actually turned up anything but AMI obviously wants him not to. If he does, you'll read about in the WaPo.

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
why did they think that this was a good idea? Bezos has enough clout and cash, not to mention the WP, that he can literally destroy AMI if he choose to.

no matter what the buffoon in the WH says, the WP has way more credibility than the Inquirer could ever dream about.

I think they picked the wrong target for this type of attack.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
^^^that's just too rich, hosted on a server owned by the company run by the person you tried to blackmail? this not going to end well for AMI.

if that is true, that is.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
why did they think that this was a good idea? Bezos has enough clout and cash, not to mention the WP, that he can literally destroy AMI if he choose to.

no matter what the buffoon in the WH says, the WP has way more credibility than the Inquirer could ever dream about.

Cause Trump attracts two things : Psycho and Stupid.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
^^^that's just too rich, hosted on a server owned by the company run by the person you tried to blackmail? this not going to end well for AMI.

Now if Amazon gives them the boot from AWS, the concern trolls will come running about how AMI's free speech is being violated by mean vindictive liberals.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008

Holy crap I hope it is... I am sure there is a violation of TOS in there somewhere...

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Feb 4, 2009
Now if Amazon gives them the boot from AWS, the concern trolls will come running about how AMI's free speech is being violated by mean vindictive liberals.

Nope, they’ll run with Amazon was combing thru AMI’s private data to spy on AMI

They’ll give no fucks about the current FCC or roll backs on any privacy rules

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

It reminds of this scene from the Dark Knight

let-me-get-this-straight-and-your-plan-is-to-23010714.png

Minus the vigilante bit, probably.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I heard today JB was hacked and they threatened him with releasing nude selfies. His security claims the hack came from a federal government source.

Although his security can't provide proof, but that never stopped Trump before so let's just say it was someone in the Trump administration.

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2009
I heard today JB was hacked and they threatened him with releasing nude selfies. His security the hack came from a federal government source.

Although his security can't provide proof, but that never stopped Trump before so let's just say it was someone in the Trump administration.

I’ll wait for real evidence about that

I will say from early on I stated it won’t be Russia that gets the President in trouble it will be him using a Government Agency to get dirt on his enemies.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

Well, to combat this Bezos is admitting to sending dick pics to another woman while married. They didn't think he would be willing to do that, and that's where things have gone wrong.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The immunity deal Pecker/AMI got from SDNY over the Trump women payoffs was conditional on them not committing more crimes (of any sort). This is extremely embarrassing to SDNY. Do not publicly embarrass the most aggressive US attorney offices in the country. AMI is Fuuuuuuuuucked.

Has SDNY gotten all the evidence it needs for their case against Trump from Pecker already? I sure hope so.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It reminds of this scene from the Dark Knight

let-me-get-this-straight-and-your-plan-is-to-23010714.png

Minus the vigilante bit, probably.

I have absolutely zero desire to confirm, but word is Bezos has a prize hog. That might just earn you extra villain status from a 6'3" narcissistic snowflake sporting a mushroom cap. Just sayin.