National Enquirer makes offer; Bezos: "No thank you, Mr.Pecker"

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Actually, it was from when AMI first released some of their slime. My mistake.

I doubt that Trumpolini will resist the urge to wade in again.

Actually, I think the timing of that tweet is quite telling. I wonder if SDNY can dig up communication between Jr and Pecker, and even Trump, where Trump knew about this plot in advance (I mean--everyone knows that Trump likely requested this blackmail. The dude fucking hates Bezos. I'm sure Pecker doesn't personally care about Bezos all that much--only making Trump happy).

Is this another episode of Trump spilling the beans on a little bit of "light fraud or treason" ahead of time on illegal data theft (like he did when Wiki/Russia informed him of the DNC email hacking prior to news breaking)?

Interesting times.

Reactions: cytg111
Feb 4, 2009
Well, to combat this Bezos is admitting to sending dick pics to another woman while married. They didn't think he would be willing to do that, and that's where things have gone wrong.

That and I’d bet Bezos has a powerful looking unit

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Who knew that MAGA worked in this sort of mysterious ways. We're draining the swamp all right. But just not how we expected it.
in a way i'm kinda glad that trump was elected so it shines a light and all the roaches are exposed.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Who knew that MAGA worked in this sort of mysterious ways. We're draining the swamp all right. But just not how we expected it.

It's ok. As soon as Trump becomes president, he's gonna drain the swamp. Wait for it ..... any minute now ..... believe me ....

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Shits gonna get real if the Bezos phone hack is tied back to Russia.
Let's see where the evidence leads. Three possibilities...

1. AMI directly or indirectly contracted with non-state cyber-criminals/hactivists to hack Bezos' phone (or iCloud account--not sure if the exact attack vector has been determined?

2. AMI directly or indirectly contracted with a foreign state to hack Bezos' phone using state intelligence methods (likely suspects: Saudi Arabia or Russia)

3. AMI directly or indirectly utilized information obtained from US intelligence or law enforcement intercepts of Bezos' phone (possibly via the Trump Administration)

All of these are illegal. All of these would violate the non-prosecution agreement they reached with SDNY. But #2 and #3 are intriguing...my money is on #2 as even Bezos is hinting that Pecker was "apoplectic" when Bezos started looking into their Saudi connections.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Anyone else keep hearing Lucious Fox saying to Pecker and/or Dildo: "Let me get this straight: you think that you have some leverage on Mr. Bezos, one of the wealthiest and most powerful men in the world, who owns and operates one of the largest and most respected media organizations on the planet known for exposing corruption, and your plan is to blackmail this person?"

[tin foil hat time]

Lindsey Graham is a strong possibility to have had this happen to him. From "Trump will destroy the GOP!" to "My Lips Are Orange!", his change of heart may have been brought about by blackmail attempts by an entity which is known for blackmailing people on behalf of Trump.

[/tin foil hat time]

Jan 25, 2011

1. AMI directly or indirectly contracted with non-state cyber-criminals/hactivists to hack Bezos' phone (or iCloud account--not sure if the exact attack vector has been determined?

2. AMI directly or indirectly contracted with a foreign state to hack Bezos' phone using state intelligence methods (likely suspects: Saudi Arabia or Russia)

3. AMI directly or indirectly utilized information obtained from US intelligence or law enforcement intercepts of Bezos' phone (possibly via the Trump Administration)

All of these are illegal. All of these would violate the non-prosecution agreement they reached with SDNY. But #2 and #3 are intriguing...my money is on #2 as even Bezos is hinting that Pecker was "apoplectic" when Bezos started looking into their Saudi connections.
There is a fourth option in that the texts and photos may have come from the other party involved in the conversation either directly or indirectly. How much money could be made in selling out the richest man in the world?

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Moral of the story, even rich successful people are morons at times. You sext, better assume those pics are going to be made public. What an idiot.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

Yeah my money is on #2 too and then the shit would really hit the fan even more so than after Snowden. Would really show how much they can spy on us.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I heard today JB was hacked and they threatened him with releasing nude selfies. His security claims the hack came from a federal government source.

Although his security can't provide proof, but that never stopped Trump before so let's just say it was someone in the Trump administration.

I believe it's a "foreign government source," not federal. Think Saudi Arabia.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Moral of the story, even rich successful people are morons at times. You sext, better assume those pics are going to be made public. What an idiot.

Actually the moral of the story is.. you and your digital devices are not as secure or confidential as they are made out to be.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
There is a fourth option in that the texts and photos may have come from the other party involved in the conversation either directly or indirectly. How much money could be made in selling out the richest man in the world?

You think Bezos' gf sold him out for some cash from AMI? Because that's who was on the other end of those texts.

Reactions: DarthKyrie
Jan 25, 2011
You think Bezos' gf sold him out for some cash from AMI? Because that's who was on the other end of those texts.
Is she still his girlfriend? I don't know the status of that whole thing. Just proffering that there are other possibilities. She told someone and they got access etc...

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Dude has balls... Pun intended.
Blackmail me? Fuck you back thrice over.
Jeff got a +1 for that one. If he turns out to have a small pecker ill adjust it to a +2.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Forgot about that...still catching up on the story. Apparently the woman Bezos was trysting with has a Trump-supporting brother who may have had access to her phone...

Reactions: brycejones
Jan 25, 2011
Forgot about that...still catching up on the story. Apparently the woman Bezos was trysting with has a Trump-supporting brother who may have had access to her phone...
Not to mention a potentially bitter ex husband. Don't know if it's an amicable break up or what their status was.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002