National Electrical Code (2008 NEC Code) -- Draft copy online

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
This link is provided by the National Fire Protection Association, publishers of the National Electrical Code [NEC]. To get to the link you go to their home page, (www.nfpa.org)
then click on 'codes and standards' then code development process then proposals and comments. The 2008 NEC is posted there (802 pages, 4 megs big)

2008 NEC (802 pages)

rky60

Golden Member
Aug 31, 2001
After reading alot of this on grounding, i'm still lost!

Inspector was at the house today, failed! I put a new service entrance line in/new meter/new load center. Apparently the new breaker panel needs to be grounded in 2 seperate locations. One being a ground bar, no problem there and that passed. I also grounded to the copper water line. But, The second one needed to be a ground running to at least 5 feet before the water line meter and directly after the meter in one continous ground. This is a problem since the water meter is six feet in the back of the house and at least 4 to 5 foot underground.

I'm callin the water authority tomorrow to see if they'll put a meter further up the line in the basement, and put a remote reader up front also.

That make sense to anyone, cuz it confused me :)