Nathans Hotdog eating contest

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akshatp

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
only in america...

i wish everyone just took a minute to think about the sheer stupidity of this annual contest... i mean come on, an eating contest??? is it really a wonder than america is the most obese country on the planet??

not to mention the fact that they are eating one of the WORST foods for you as far as meat goes... hot dogs are nothing but a combination of leftover parts from dirty animals...

ill have a dog every now and then, but this is just ridiculous. and it makes me sick to see them stuffing the crap in their mouth like animals..

LordMorpheus

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2002
Originally posted by: akshatp
only in america...

i wish everyone just took a minute to think about the sheer stupidity of this annual contest... i mean come on, an eating contest??? is it really a wonder than america is the most obese country on the planet??

not to mention the fact that they are eating one of the WORST foods for you as far as meat goes... hot dogs are nothing but a combination of leftover parts from dirty animals...

ill have a dog every now and then, but this is just ridiculous. and it makes me sick to see them stuffing the crap in their mouth like animals..

A sport dominated by a japanese dude - yeah, only in america.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I was watching this yesterday from beginning to end and was pulling for Joey Chestnut. There's just no way he could beat Kobayashi though, he had the lead until around 40 then Kobayashi took over.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
from the SI article posted above:
First-time competitor Erik "The Red" Denmark, 28, of Seattle, who downed 22 hot dogs, said he was happy just to be there.

"It's like making it to the World Cup," said Denmark, who can boast of having eating 98 jalapenos in 15 minutes.
:laugh:

So

Lifer
Jul 2, 2001
Walk in the park? Forget about it! Hot dog eating contest? I'm listening...

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
im thinking he pukes it all up after the contest...i wonder how he practices to train his stomach to stretch.....

maybe eat alot and then puke? anyone that watched the documentary on him can elaborate?