Nasty little BSOD

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
Hey guys, it's me again. :p

Yeah, so I have this nice new shiny Core i7 rig with dual GTX 260 Core216SC 55nm's. Everything is watercooled.

I installed all drivers, updated the BIOS, and I'm at stock, and it BSOD's. Don't even look at the error, I just revert my 181.22 nVIDIA drivers to 180.84 out of habit. Everything seems okay. So I overclock, and I get a "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" with an error code of x000000101. So I go back to stock and I think I'm fine, but I was wondering what causes that BSOD.

EDIT: Fixed by disabling EIST, but now getting "The system has encountered an uncorrectable hardware error" upon shutdown...

Thanks in advance.

starfireone

Jun 24, 2008
You did try updating system drivers to the latest right? So now try disconnecting everything you don't need for booting and try again. Also you might try checking your HT settings in the BIOS. And try doing a CLR CMOS to restore your default BIOS settings.

PCTC2

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2007
All system drivers are up to date, as is my BIOS, and my BIOS has been cleared multiple times. I think voltages on the i7 are tricky. I still don't exactly understand all the voltages on the i7. I'm used to my Skt775 systems such as my E6400 and Q6600. It could possibly be the SLI, as it only happens now when I use the graphics card, but it could also be the PSU. I have an 850W PSU, but with my Core i7 @ 3.9GHz and dual OC'd GTX 260's, I'm drawing around 700W+. I can sit on Prime64 25.8 with 8 threads all day or OCCT 3.0.0. I can sit on FurMark all day as well. But once Prime64 and Furmark are running simultaneously, I get a BSOD.

Not that I trust their readings, but the voltages from monitoring software never vary out of specification. What voltages should I be using with my i7 rig on my P6T deluxe anyways?