Nastiest thing a pet ever dragged in?

PCAddict

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 1999
This is going to top them all. My friend's cat once dragged in a used tampon from his neighbor's garbage. I cannot think of anything nastier.

Susan

Oct 9, 1999
Had a cat that loved to kill squirrels and eat their heads, leaving the body.

Yes, he brought one into the house through the doggy door one time and had his meal.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
A few years ago, one of my neighbours' cat brought him an aborted foetus. The police found shortly later that the mother was a teenage girl who had just been dumped by the father and was suffering from depression. She had basically done a self-abortion with a coat hanger and discarded the foetus in a small wooded area 200 feet from her home. They brought her to the hospital because she had internal bleeding and her life was in danger. I don't know what the legal outcome of the case was. So tragic. :(

I'm afraid that the number of such attempts would unfortunately rise if access to abortion clinics were to be denied. It's a lose/lose situation.

Cats bring kills and such to their owners as gifts.

Cold Ethyl (Alice Cooper)

xero

May 1, 2000
hmm..one time i went out in the garage only to see remnants of bird guts and the two bird legs..my can had eaten every thing else :Q
i've found bird legs laying about the garage..my cat's tried to bring in live birds too...and he has a couple times....i've found bird heads n' stuff..pretty nasty

BA

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 1999
You don't know nasty until you're scraping your hampster off your shoe because you stepped in it after your cat puked him up.

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
Wow, this is a pretty nasty thread...:eek:

I have a first, so he has never even left the house for obvious reasons. ;)

DataFly

Mar 12, 2000
This doesn't compare to some of the others mentioned here (hampster scraping comes to mind...), but our old cat once brought a live chipmunk without its tail into our house. We had a helluva time trying to get that thing out before it left too much blood around the house.:(

easystreet

Oct 9, 1999
What a bunch of lightweights.........my Great Pyrennes dog took a week to drag a complete, although dried out horse carcas home.

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000
Oh man... I really don't feel so good anymore..

None of my pets brought in anything nasty (or anything at all).. but one of my dog's, when she was with her previous owners - used to eat kittens.. :Q .. yuck.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
I once watched watched one of my cats stalk and kill a crow almost twice as big as he was. Needless to say, when I heard thumps on the porch and scratching at the door, I didn't open the door! :Q

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
My cat has brought in a plethora of gifts to me... Here is what I know of

3 ducks
2 rabbits
at least 18 squirles
~100 birds
~100 mice

and hes only 6 years old! I hate it when he brings stuff in the house. 1 of the ducks he brought in was a baby Mallard. It didnt fight with my cat, and it was literally unharmed, so I took it back down to the river and put it back with its mother.

MooseKnuckle

Golden Member
Oct 24, 1999
Not my pet, but a friend of mine used to bring home roadkill, then photograph himself w/them. He'd hold the kill and make goofy faces, or act like he's biting off their heads. He would bring home all kinds of sh*t, I was pissed when he brought home the skunk. If it was too large to bring home, he'd take a picture of it on the road. Thank God that was many years ago, he's now all grown-up, sort of. :)

yakawictz

Feb 8, 2000
My German shepherd brought a pair of "very soiled" underwear into the house through our doggie door one night. And boy he was so proud of this luckey catch he got out of the neighbors trash......

cxim

Golden Member
Dec 18, 1999
then there is the time one of my Exs moved to Michigan. A deputy who lives down the street was visiting having a beer & the #$@% dog comes in chewing on her hand with a ring still on it.

Learned a lot from that. bury em deep & use quicklime !

randypj

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
easystreet--LOL....what did he do? drag, go home and eat, drag, go home and sleep, drag, go home and eat?

uncouth

Golden Member
Mar 23, 2000
After bodybuilding for perhaps two months, my cat entered one day dragging an adult male hippo. We ate well for an entire week...