nasa hacked, disturbing video of war in IRAQ posted!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FuZoR

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2001
bhahahaha the guy took a few shots to shoot a nonmoving target...

ahh well.. that didnt surprise me.. what else do you think goes on in the battlefield.

*edit* oh wonder how the reactions would be if it was the other way around... ;) unhumane.. animals... etc comes to mind.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: FuZioN
bhahahaha the guy took a few shots to shoot a nonmoving target...

ahh well.. that didnt surprise me.. what else do you think goes on in the battlefield.

i think thats the lamest part of it... their target ranges require them to shoot moving targets at twice the distance, yet this guy when faced with no opposing fire, no threat, no time limit with a critically injured target who's barely moving, with nothing in his way and a clear shot... misses what, 4 times?

BuckNaked

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: zimu
i used the word "disturbing" cause there's this injured iraqi guy, who's basically sitting out there probably bleeding to death. I mean at the risk of sounding like some 70's freedom fighter smoking pot, i think the HUMANE thing to do here was at least take him into custody, make him a POW. Not shoot him down (and yes, the marine's aim was pretty damn pathetic...).

I mean yes, he's trying to kill you. He's following orders. so are you, sure, to prevent their efforts using necessary force. NECESSARY. not EXTREME. like wtf, just kill him? he's already down, he's practically dying, don't just kill him! he's a human being!

<ends smoking pot here>
Its not uncommon to use an act of humanity as bait for an ambush... I would not be at all surpised if some of his 'comrades in arms' were in a position to ambush any US troops foolish enough to try and aid the guy who just moments before was trying to kill them... even though that might be going through the minds of some of the US troops there...

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
disturbing video of war in IRAQ posted...

The disturbing part is how bad a shot the US soldier is, he should be ashamed.

It's a freaking war, people get shot & die, that dude would gladly cut off your head (or one of your family member's heads) & dance around with it, I have no pity for him.

EyeMWing

Banned
Jun 13, 2003
Oh, and why do people who are outspoken against the war always caps-lock the word "Iraq" as "IRAQ"

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
It is disturbing, to say the least. That's exactly the reaction the clip is cut and edited to produce. Anyone who thinks there is enough of the situation shown to make a judgment about what occurred is really just the kind of impressionable mushbrain the poster of the video is targeting.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001
Do you think that Iraqui would've given you any less? Hell no. Fvck him.

MrYogi

Platinum Member
Mar 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Hey, Marine! You just killed a terrorist asshole. How do you feel?

YEEHAW!

you are wrong. you went to a foreign country and killed one of its unarmed citizens.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Great video. Anyone who kills someone else in a war deserves a congratulatory high five.

Even when our soldiers come back in body bags you are atleast consoled by the fact there were a lot of high fives out there somewhere.

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: EyeMWing
Oh, and why do people who are outspoken against the war always caps-lock the word "Iraq" as "IRAQ"

wow, thats really weird, it was totally subconscious. but you have a point, i've started noticing that elsewhere too!
wow....

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: crab

have to be american, since you
a) are obviously so narrow minded and have a really one dimensional viewpoint
b) can't spell iraqi.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
They aren't telling the whole story here, of course it sucks that someone was killed... but hopefully in the future our government can arm soldiers with some type of immobolization weapon... maybe that guy could have had info on Saddam Hussein, who knows?

Rudee

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Disturbing??? Um, hello..... It's called war. People do get killed in wars you know.

I suppose a cow being slaughtered for processing is also a "disturbing" video.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001

b) can't spell iraqi.

Narrow minded and one-dimensional? Who can say? And so what? He is correct on that point; the Iraqi soldier/terrorist (disclaimer: I didn't see the vid) would cheerfully shoot as many Americans as he could. He's an enemy combatant, armed, and a fair target.

How many times do you think something like this happened in WWII? Probably more times than you can count. If you can count..

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

b) can't spell iraqi.

You must be French, since you

a) Are such a pussy you can't understand why people get killed in wars.
b) Are such a pompous asshole that you disparage others for spelling errors while failing to use capital letters, punctuation, or good grammar.

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Amused

b) can't spell iraqi.

b) Are such a pompous asshole that you disparage others for spelling errors while failing to use capital letters, punctuation, or good grammar.

0wnage.

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
I used to work for a Train Operating Company in the UK, and ive seen what it looks like after someone's been hit by a 270 ton train going at 90mph.

You think that video is disturbing? :disgust:

You need to get out more

KC5AV

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2002
Maybe it's just me, but I couldn't tell that the guy missed. The video was jumping around quite a bit. Maybe it just took 3 rounds to kill the other guy.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001

b) can't spell iraqi.

Why the fvck are YOU calling ME narrowminded because of my viewpoint you hypocrite?

If thats the case, then so be it...but your ignorant ass saw that video and took it in ONE DIMENSION. You and I have no clue whatsoever what went on when that video was shot. Judging from your posts in this thread, you should also be labled NARROW MINDED.

I for one would not risk my life one bit to treat someone in a more "humane" manner when that person would kill me in a heartbeat. I dont care if it was my own mother.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Thanks, M4H. I doubt I have that divex codec, and on dialup I'm not gonna DL it, but hopefully I do back from when I used to have broadband :)

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001

b) can't spell iraqi.

well
a) i'm not french. crab is probably american. i was stating a fact. you're trying to be funny.
b) there's a huge difference with spelling mistakes like typing "spellign" or something, which are common errors, and making a mistake like "iraqi" since you have absolutely no idea how to spell nationalities apart from "american." also, capital letters and punctuation, give me a break- who the hell uses those in forums and informal talk on the internet.

get a life dude, quite a lame come back....

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
i think thats the lamest part of it... their target ranges require them to shoot moving targets at twice the distance, yet this guy when faced with no opposing fire, no threat, no time limit with a critically injured target who's barely moving, with nothing in his way and a clear shot... misses what, 4 times?
I've not seen the video but I almost gaurantee that most people are going to find their aim significantly deteroirated in a combat situation, especially if they're not used to the feeling of imminent death. I know personally that adrenaline makes me pretty darn shaky.

EDIT: FWIW u and i are next to each other on the keyboard, so uit's possible that somebody could indeed mean to say iraqi but iraqui comes out :D

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Whoo hoo the vid played : Thanks M4H. If I was a girl and lived closer to you...*wink*.

That wasn't great shooting, but it's not like the guy was 10 feet from him, and like I said with adrenaline going through you who knows. Obviously that video is meaningless without what came before and after (did he say he felt bad after, for instance). If it was right in the middle of a war zone and they knew that trying to save this piece of crap from death could result in them being ambushed (maybe there were 15 iraqis behind that building?), then you can't really go and save him can you?

That wasn't disturbing. Disturbing is taking some POWs out of their cells, lining them up against a wall, and killing them for the hell of it. Many soldiers have done that and much, much worse in the past.

crab

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2001

b) can't spell iraqi.

well
a) i'm not french. crab is probably american. i was stating a fact. you're trying to be funny.
b) there's a huge difference with spelling mistakes like typing "spellign" or something, which are common errors, and making a mistake like "iraqi" since you have absolutely no idea how to spell nationalities apart from "american." also, capital letters and punctuation, give me a break- who the hell uses those in forums and informal talk on the internet.

get a life dude, quite a lame come back....

I have a few questions. Have you ever used an on screen keyboard? Do your fingers work and have correct sensory feedback? Do you use a trackball to type on said on screen keyboard with the side of your wrist? Do you suffer from uncontrollable and unpredictable muscle spasms? DID YOU NOTICE THAT THE QWERTY KEYBOARD PLACES THE "I" AND "U" NEXT TO EACH OTHER? Absolutely not. Your naive mind never even considered it to be a god's honest mistake.

You sir, need to get a life.