nasa hacked, disturbing video of war in IRAQ posted!

zimu

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2001
i don't think this is a repost, I couldn't find anythign similar.

Anyway, go to
THIS SITE
and read about it.

The video is so disturbing... its when things go too far.

EDIT:
site keeps going up and down, you can still see the video HERE
OR
HERE

Whisper

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2000
It's war...what do you expect? These guys can't go around feeling guilty for the people that they kill. Otherwise, they'd all come home crazy. When you're in a kill-or-be-killed environment, and your government expects you to kill, you'll do what you need to do in order to justify and keep morale high.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Doesn't nasa get hacked like, every 3rd wednesday or something? Maybe it's just me but I seem to hear about this all the time. Their web security guy also designes the o-rings for the engines, right?

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Hacking a NASA site to post a political message. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, cause space and Iraq are so closesly related, hell I confuse the two all the damn time. /end sarcasm. At least hack a site that has a closer relation to the war.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Kaervak
Hacking a NASA site to post a political message. Yeah that makes a lot of sense, cause space and Iraq are so closesly related, hell I confuse the two all the damn time. /end sarcasm. At least hack a site that has a closer relation to the war.

www.nasa.GOV

Plus they are running old ass software, so why not?

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Hey, Marine! You just killed a terrorist asshole. How do you feel?

YEEHAW!

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Hey, Marine! You just killed a terrorist asshole. How do you feel?

YEEHAW!

Hey guys, <blanket jingoistic statement> !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
"There is nothing more exhilarating than being shot at and missed." -- Winston Churchill

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation

www.nasa.GOV

So it's got a .gov extension. Doesn't mean every single government agency/affiliation is a part of the war.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

www.nasa.GOV

rolleye.gif

www.cdc.gov

www.epa.gov

www.fda.gov

edit: links fixed :p

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I like how the video left out the part how the terrorist who was killed was laying boobytraps. Thats just great.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Originally posted by: UglyCassanova

www.nasa.GOV

rolleye.gif

http://www.cdc[b

http://www.epa[b

http://www.fda[b

Nice work!

Fiveohhh

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Whisper
It's war...what do you expect? These guys can't go around feeling guilty for the people that they kill. Otherwise, they'd all come home crazy. When you're in a kill-or-be-killed environment, and your government expects you to kill, you'll do what you need to do in order to justify and keep morale high.

despite how bad that sounds I agree with you 100% If I was put in that enviroment I'm sure I would be happy that I killed the guy that was trying to kill me.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

www.nasa.GOV

So it's got a .gov extension. Doesn't mean every single government agency/affiliation is a part of the war.

I don't think you understood the concept. It's a government website. They are making a political statement... against our goverment. That doesn't mean it has to be whitehouse.gov or fbi.gov to mean the same thing.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
An injured but still armed Iraqi who had just attacked them. What did you want them to do? Walk up to him and disarm him???

Nice video editing on the hacker's end to make our soldiers look like murderers, but anyone with half a brain can see what's going on.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
If you guys are analyzing the video you've completely missed the point of this stupid script kiddie attack.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: UglyCassanova

www.nasa.GOV

rolleye.gif

http://www.cdc[b

http://www.epa[b

http://www.fda[b

Nice work!

No kidding. :p

But we could sit here and bitch about my linking job (corrected links btw: www.cdc.gov, www.epa.gov, www.fda.gov) or we could ask ourself just what in the hell Nasa has to do with the war in Iraq.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001

www.nasa.GOV

I don't think you understood the concept. It's a government website. They are making a political statement... against our goverment. That doesn't mean it has to be whitehouse.gov or fbi.gov to mean the same thing.

I got the point. I'm all for making political statements, but in my opnion, a site that's a little more closely related would have been a better target. Most people are going to see a NASA site and not make the connection.

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
I got the point. I'm all for making political statements, but in my opnion, a site that's a little more closely related would have been a better target. Most people are going to see a NASA site and not make the connection.

umm it's not that difficult to see the connection

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001

www.nasa.GOV

Then again, you're dealing with most likely a group of script kiddies who hacked an easy target.