Name your price - hitmen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Markbnj

Elite Member <br>Moderator Emeritus
Sep 16, 2005
www.markbetz.net
In theory it's easy but first you have to create a corpse (execute a murder) and even then what you've described is still a logistical exercise involving multiple steps. Any mistakes you've made or witnesses there are will be magnified tenfold because solving murder cases is maybe the highest priority for detectives.

No kidding, and even leaving CSI fantasy land out of it forensics has come a long way. You better be sure not to drop a hair or a skin cell anywhere near the crime scene. Then there's the fact that there are cameras just about everywhere now.

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah but it's probably a safe bet that those hitmen out there who don't get caught aren't charging a measly $8k for a hit.

They can't be charging that much either, though - otherwise when the cops investigate the people who do have motives, they'd be spotting the money trail.

bignateyk

Lifer
Apr 22, 2002
It would have to be greater than my entire lifetime earning potential + extra for the risk. So maybe $10mil+ (assuming I wasn't morally against it)

Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, its not like drug dealers or mobsters do business only in cash, or anything.

They might, but the people hiring them probably don't. Which means banks and a paper trail.

If I wanted to give somebody a large sum of money in cash, I'd have to withdraw it from a bank, or I'd have to divert my paychecks (stopping DD) and start cashing them somewhere instead. Both of those things are figure-outable.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
i have spent 4 days in jail, 2 times, for bullshit charges (that the state dropped eventually) and i would never take the risk, jail was hell, imagine prison.

oh and i still have night terrors of this one guy in a suicide vest in jail yelling at the gay guy (being gay is an abomination!) he just kept screaming it all night, nobody got any sleep, oh and not to mention the white supremacist that got his ass beat to a pulp by 10+brothers (yes black guys=brothers)ive still never seen such violence in my life besides what went on in the broward gen pop.

HeXen

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2009
I think it would be pretty easy to hide a corpse, give some brick shoes to someone and dump them into a body of water. Here you just need to make a hole in ice large enough to put a body through, let it freeze over night right before/during a snowstorm and you wont find the body for months, probably eaten away by all the fish prior to thawing.

I always figured a hog farm would be best. I'm told they even eat the bones.