Name that computer....

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
Why not? People name boats, even name cars. Why not a nice name in some flowing, artistic script, painted or attached somehow to the side of your computer? My Gigabyte with a Celeron could be called "Celebyte" or "Gigaron". Heh. Have to think about that for a while....don't want it sounding like a dinosaur.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
I only name people and pets. I don't name inanimate objects. I can occasionally call such an object names, but that's another case.

Bluefront

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2002
Well I can't use the name "Bluefront".....My oldest parrot is a Bluefront Amazon. That's where my handle came from. He wouldn't like it. Gotta be something computer related...

Ime

Diamond Member
May 3, 2001
Well, all my computers have names, because that's how I identify them for networking.

I named my last 3 computers from things out of the Babylon 5 Universe. Before that I named computers after historic naval ships.

I have a friend who names his computers after great sports legends. It's all strictly personal preference.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
My server is called "dispenser" and my main rig is "thunder" because it's noisy with the cheap and inefficient fans that I put in it a long time ago (fans which I have been too cheap to upgrade since then even though I have the money to do so). :eek:

My computers also get called other names at times, but I shall refrain from listing them here due to a fear of being banned. ;)

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
Melchior one of the three wise men... a reference to Evangelion.
One of my friends names it based on Macross fighters and another on Kenshin characters... yesh, anime freaks all of us.

ROTC1983

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2002
Originally posted by: KokomoGST
Melchior one of the three wise men... a reference to Evangelion.
One of my friends names it based on Macross fighters and another on Kenshin characters... yesh, anime freaks all of us.

Thats cool :) If I were to name my computer I would do the same thing :D

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
"O great provider of pr0n"

:)

j/k it doesn't have a name.

Neither does my guitar actually... still haven't come across a good one...