Discussion Name ONE FAST song and ONE SLOW dance song played at your High School PROM that you danced to.

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Alright folks, this should be interesting since we all graduated at different years and different decades more or less.

Like myself, time has made my memory poor, but I remember one good fast one and one good slow one.

Here we go.

Graduating Class Year 1991

Fast Song was "It takes two by Rob Base"

I killed it on the dance floor to that song.

Slow song was "Nothing Compares to You by Sinead O'Connor"

what about you?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
All the "cool" kids (lol... aka: "hippies/freaks/punks/greasers") in my HS had a giant raging ANTI-prom keg party on "prom-night". (drinking age was 18 in Connecticut and NY @ the time)

;)

No doubt this played at some point! :p (no slow songs though!)

Last edited:

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
I would rather be alone and lost in my own thoughts than feel fake happiness being around fake people.
I went to an all-boys private Catholic School. NO GIRLS!!

I will make you feel better. I was a shy virgin trying not to be so shy. I had no girlfriends during high school. I wasn't going to PROM. I was shy to get a date and had no options. So, my mother stepped in and got her female friend to let her daughter take me to the PROM. She was younger than me, but she was much more experienced.

Anyway, my prom date divorced men three times in later life and finally came out as a lesbian. She is happily living with a woman now.

So, basically I was a shy virgin whose mother had to get him a prom date who later turned out to be a lesbian.

True story I swear!! Did I make you feel better buddy?

:)

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
Missed both my Junior & Senior Prom. Tough circumstances, not for lack of popularity or being a member of the Trenchcoat Mafia...
Switched high schools mid year my Junior year & then graduated early my Senior year.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
junior/senior year was the year of Nirvana. I'm pretty sure smells like teen spirit was played at my senior prom

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
I went to an all-boys private Catholic School. NO GIRLS!!

I will make you feel better. I was a shy virgin trying not to be so shy. I had no girlfriends during high school. I wasn't going to PROM. I was shy to get a date and had no options. So, my mother stepped in and got her female friend to let her daughter take me to the PROM. She was younger than me, but she was much more experienced.

Anyway, my prom date divorced men three times in later life and finally came out as a lesbian. She is happily living with a woman now.

So, basically I was a shy virgin whose mother had to get him a prom date who later turned out to be a lesbian.

True story I swear!! Did I make you feel better buddy?

:)

Want to feel even BETTER about this? :p

How do you KNOW she was a lesbian PRIOR to your "date"? ;)

Last edited:

scorpmatt

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
No proms for me. was home schooled grades 7-12, took my GED half way through grade 12 and passed with a 93%.

Had I gone to HS where I was living at the time I probably would've ended up with an early start to a family as the HS had the highest pregnancy rating in the USA, go Buena High School.

IBMJunkman

May 7, 2015
Did not go to my prom. It would have been 1966.

I chummed with a band in the 70s. They played a prom in a gym. They covered Stones, Zep, Humble Pie, etc. After a while someone asked for them to play a slow song. Can’t imagine why. ;)

Well, the only slow song they knew was Sunny by Bobby Hebb. It got played 3 times that night. :)

Had lunch with the bands singer on the 10th. He now looks like the Dos Equis guy.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
All the "cool" kids (lol... aka: "hippies/freaks/punks/greasers") in my HS had a giant raging ANTI-prom keg party on "prom-night". (drinking age was 18 in Connecticut and NY @ the time)

;)

No doubt this played at some point! :p (no slow songs though!)

This was closer to my experience, except it was only the four of us--might have been the same percentage-wise since my graduating class was 19 people though. We were in Germany so the drinking age wasn't particularly relevant, and we gallivanted about town with a bottle of apfelkorn.

Reactions: Captante

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
i didnt go to prom. my school did have it but i wasnt interested in spending MORE time on school grounds, i think i went to play D&D instead.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Prom wasn't a thing in the UK in those days!
My entire school year booked out a local night club for the night though. Was pretty messy.

Pretty sure Blue Monday would have been played at some point!

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Married my high school sweetheart and we went to senior prom together but neither one of us could answer this question.

Somewhat related we've been to like 10 proms together. She was frequently in charge of helping students plan prom and I usually volunteered to help chaperone