Nacy Pelosi calls for investigation of WTC mosque opposition

SAWYER

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
GTFO, I'm pretty sure there are a ton of other things needing investigation like say our own elected officials
http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/...wtc-mosque-op/
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, California Democrat, called for an investigation of those who are protesting the building of the Ground Zero Mosque on Tuesday. She told San Francisco's KCBS radio:
AUDIO
"There is no question there is a concerted effort to make this a political issue by some. And I join those who have called for looking into how is this opposition to the mosque being funded," she said. "How is this being ginned up that here we are talking about Treasure Island, something we've been working on for decades, something of great interest to our community as we go forward to an election about the future of our country and two of the first three questions are about a zoning issue in New York City." (h/t Kristinn)
Calls to investigate the funding for those proposing the $100 million "Cordoba House" have fallen on deaf ears, though, as New York's Mayor Mike Bloomberg has described such an investigation as "un-American."
Ms. Pelosi called the Ground Zero mosque an "urban development decision" for New Yorkers to work through. Her remarks happened on the heels of Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, parting ways with President Barack Obama on the issue. Mr. Reid suggested the mosque should be built somewhere else.
More to come...

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Just goes to show how Looney tunes she really is. Out of touch? Ummmm .... yes!

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I thought dissent was the greatest form of patriotism? Now Pelosi wants to use the force of govt to investigate funding into people opposed to this building?

FuzzyBee

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2000
I thought dissent was the greatest form of patriotism? Now Pelosi wants to use the force of govt to investigate funding into people opposed to this building?

Yes, but this is different...

... somehow.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The Left goes out of their way in the defense of Islam while they take every opportunity to crucify western religions.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Speaker Pelosi should have been replaced long ago. She and Senator Reid are two of the best campaign tools the Republicans have had.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The sooner all the asshole Republicans die the better. Only the brain dead sleep to the fact that the only reason there is any attention to a mosque at ground zero is because it can be used to gin up the dregs of society, the haters looking for something to hate so they can be turned out in their psychotic rage to vote for Rescumlicans. By this means do the shit of our society keep grasping for power. Only worthless scum who are anti-American oppose the religious freedoms of others granted by the Constitution. Scum loving Anti-Americans are what they are. Their bloom like a red tide is exactly why we were attacked. It is their hate and their fear that the terrorists sought to fester and boil like puss sacks in the flesh of this once great nation. You rotten worthless bastards are as worthless as the terrorists that attacked us, stupid, fearful, demented little cowards.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Soooo, moonbeam, Reid is a republican now? 75% of the people of this country apparently are republicans since they oppose the building of this mosque at ground zero?

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
We can't ask illegals to prove their status in this country but we can investigate American citizens for protesting? This is the today's mainstream progressives. Remember that when you vote in a couple months.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Soooo, moonbeam, Reid is a republican now? 75% of the people of this country apparently are republicans since they oppose the building of this mosque at ground zero?

Let's see, for one thing it's not "at ground zero" it's a couple blocks away. What radius is acceptable to the wingnuts? Four blocks? Ten? Two miles? Anywhere in Manhattan? I'm really curious.

Agree it shouldn't be investigated, though.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
I think ol Snake Lady is worried that this issue will produce some kind of violent act on the part of the critics and is looking to head it off. Not an entirely unjustified concern IMO, but this is not the right way to go about it.

Not to disrupt the circle jerk over what you guys are calling "the left" *snicker* but were you all this agitated when Cheney and Bush pulled this shit (worse actually) with the dissenting opinions of anti-war veterans in the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq? *DSF, Testicle and PJ can ignore that question - their hypocrisy has been confirmed ad nauseum.*

Many Americans are letting their emotions override their understanding of the Constitution on this issue. Seems Pelosi might be emulating her opposition in a way. Interesting. If I liked her I'd be disappointed. Grats Pelosi, you've just given Hate Radio an easy job for the next few weeks.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
The sooner all the asshole Republicans die the better. Only the brain dead sleep to the fact that the only reason there is any attention to a mosque at ground zero is because it can be used to gin up the dregs of society, the haters looking for something to hate so they can be turned out in their psychotic rage to vote for Rescumlicans. By this means do the shit of our society keep grasping for power. Only worthless scum who are anti-American oppose the religious freedoms of others granted by the Constitution. Scum loving Anti-Americans are what they are. Their bloom like a red tide is exactly why we were attacked. It is their hate and their fear that the terrorists sought to fester and boil like puss sacks in the flesh of this once great nation. You rotten worthless bastards are as worthless as the terrorists that attacked us, stupid, fearful, demented little cowards.

More loony leftist dribble calling for the death of their political antagonist, and seeking to crush dissent, oh but wait, one of your figureheads actually had the balls to admit he opposed to it ...Reid, I guess you want him dead too eh Loony Moony?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

That's right Reid is a piece of shit. I have already said so. Building a mosque at ground zero would proclaim America as a profoundly great nation. Self hating Americans will never have that.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
We can't ask illegals to prove their status in this country but we can investigate American citizens for protesting? This is the today's mainstream progressives. Remember that when you vote in a couple months.

she is fucking insane.

while i think that banning the mosque would be a huge mistake calling for a investigation into US citizens for protesting it is just as bad.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I think ol Snake Lady is worried that this issue will produce some kind of violent act on the part of the critics and is looking to head it off. Not an entirely unjustified concern IMO, but this is not the right way to go about it.

Not to disrupt the circle jerk over what you guys are calling "the left" *snicker* but were you all this agitated when Cheney and Bush pulled this shit (worse actually) with the dissenting opinions of anti-war veterans in the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq? *DSF, Testicle and PJ can ignore that question - their hypocrisy has been confirmed ad nauseum.*

Many Americans are letting their emotions override their understanding of the Constitution on this issue. Seems Pelosi might be emulating her opposition in a way. Interesting. If I liked her I'd be disappointed. Grats Pelosi, you've just given Hate Radio an easy job for the next few weeks.

You need to decide if you are for or against what Pelosi is doing. On one hand you seem to be supporting it, and on the other you are saying when 'Bush and Cheney pulled this shit' it was not OK. You might want to double-check your talking points, you seem to be confusing something there.

As far as your 'Constitution' argument, it doesn't make sense either.. Does the Constitution prevent people from protesting a mosque being built? Does the Constitution prevent people from believing and saying that its INAPPROPRIATE to build a mosque where they are? Nobody is saying its illegal (Its not).. We are asking for the same SENSITIVITY toward the victims of 9/11 and their families that we are constantly asked for by Muslim's when we are in THEIR communities.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
More loony leftist dribble calling for the death of their political antagonist, and seeking to crush dissent, oh but wait, one of your figureheads actually had the balls to admit he opposed to it ...Reid, I guess you want him dead too eh Loony Moony?

You jackass, that was cowardliness not balls. The sooner folk like Reid die the better. That is not a threat, you idiot. That is a prayer for a better day.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Let's see, for one thing it's not "at ground zero" it's a couple blocks away. What radius is acceptable to the wingnuts? Four blocks? Ten? Two miles? Anywhere in Manhattan? I'm really curious.

Agree it shouldn't be investigated, though.

Lets use the same standard as Muslim's use in allowing Catholic/Lutheran/Bhuddist/Hindu churches around their sacred sites. :rolleyes:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
All an investigation into the money funding the mosque brouhaha will produce is the names of partisan Republicans, just like the money for Prop 8 came from Religious Bigot Religions that vote Republican. Republicans are the party of hate, division, and the destruction of American greatness.