NAACP fighting Ocala's Saggy Pants Ban

jruchko

May 5, 2010
The real story is how utterly stupid the law is in the first place. $500 fine for wearing clothes in a way that some old people don't approve of.

Remember though, we are the land of the free.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
The real story is how utterly stupid the law is in the first place. $500 fine for wearing clothes in a way that some old people don't approve of.

true. but fuck the wearing the pants down is ugly and lame. but meh if that's how they want to look..

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Around here dudes are exposing their junk with these pants.

What's funny is all of the Historically Black colleges here have BANNED saggy pants from their campuses. In fact there is a no tolerance policy, one time and you are out of school. However; you can still get 2-3 strikes for drugs ;).

NAACP has not gone after these colleges.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

Sorry, not just 'old people'. Anyone who's not an idiot thinks wearing your pants like that is stupid. I still wouldn't go as far as making it illegal though. If someone wants to dress like a moron, have at it, I don't see why it's anyone else's business.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Like I said too many are taking it a step further and grabbing their junk through thin briefs making it not so much a fashion statement as a leud one.

Jan 25, 2011
Around here dudes are exposing their junk with these pants.

What's funny is all of the Historically Black colleges here have BANNED saggy pants from their campuses. In fact there is a no tolerance policy, one time and you are out of school. However; you can still get 2-3 strikes for drugs ;).

NAACP has not gone after these colleges.

Maybe the NAACP understand the difference between private entity and government intrusion?

As for exposing themselves, well, there's already laws for that irrelevant of what one is wearing no?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I prefer they aren't against the law. That way I can easily identify people who aren't smart enough to own (or properly use) a belt and avoid them. I don't particularly mind lower than waistline pants / shorts, but some of it is ridiculous. If I can see your entire ass, you're an idiot.

jruchko

May 5, 2010
Like I said too many are taking it a step further and grabbing their junk through thin briefs making it not so much a fashion statement as a leud one.

I can understand not wanting to see that, but couldn't that be covered by something like indecent exposure? I have to admit, I have never seen someone with their pants as low as you are saying. Why even wear any pants at that point?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Cool!

Guess I'll go around naked then :)

Personally, I don't see why that is a problem. But, here in America, we hate nudity of any kind. Boobs? Ban that shit! Think of the children! Guy being blown up or a journalist having this head cut off? Fine for local TV.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
Yep that is one cool fashion statement alright!

images

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I can understand not wanting to see that, but couldn't that be covered by something like indecent exposure? I have to admit, I have never seen someone with their pants as low as you are saying. Why even wear any pants at that point?

Around here the belts is usually below the buttocks so when they are sitting at a movie or wherever they are pretty much thin boxers and their asses on the ground.

If it were just a little boxer showing, I'd not care. if they were wearing something the equivalent of real outer garments then I'd not care.

They aren't and it's disgusting.

Also this is not only a black thing as too many like to claim. It's white guys and spanish guys too, even some asians I see doing this.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Personally, I don't see why that is a problem. But, here in America, we hate nudity of any kind. Boobs? Ban that shit! Think of the children! Guy being blown up or a journalist having this head cut off? Fine for local TV.

What local TV stations showed the beheading video?

It's clear you like to sensationalize things like the media does here.

Do you wear sliders?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
If you spend any time at all trying to achieve this or that 'look' you are nuts in my opinion.

However, if you have to dress to the occasion, whatever that may be, that's fine with me. I wear shorts and a T-shirt and sandals this time of year, but not when I go out to eat in a upscale restaurant etc.

People with exceptionally bad self image, dress to offend, like blacks with low hung pants or hells angles. They express an attitude because they got fucked up as children worst than most. If you are offended you play their game.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
OK, so im going to break this down:

Its not OK to generalize and stereotype blacks unless you are an organization that only exists to prevent people from generalizing and stereotyping against blacks.

If I walked up to someone and said "All blacks wear saggy pants" I would be labeled a racist, closed minded, an idiot...you name it. But since this is the NAACP stereotyping against blacks, its OK, because all blacks in this city wear saggy pants, so its not offensive?