NAACP fighting Ocala's Saggy Pants Ban

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vapid Cabal

Dec 2, 2013
OK, so im going to break this down:

Its not OK to generalize and stereotype blacks unless you are an organization that only exists to prevent people from generalizing and stereotyping against blacks.

If I walked up to someone and said "All blacks wear saggy pants" I would be labeled a racist, closed minded, an idiot...you name it. But since this is the NAACP stereotyping against blacks, its OK, because all blacks in this city wear saggy pants, so its not offensive?

Yep.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
Personally, I don't see why that is a problem. But, here in America, we hate nudity of any kind. Boobs? Ban that shit! Think of the children! Guy being blown up or a journalist having this head cut off? Fine for local TV.

Please link to any 'local news' that airs footage of a beheading or 'guy being blown up'.

No, really. We'll all wait. :rolleyes:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
i had a guy in front of me with his pants down to his thighs. i really did not want to see this guys boxer covered ass while standing in line at the grocery checkout.

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Around here dudes are exposing their junk with these pants.

What's funny is all of the Historically Black colleges here have BANNED saggy pants from their campuses. In fact there is a no tolerance policy, one time and you are out of school. However; you can still get 2-3 strikes for drugs ;).

NAACP has not gone after these colleges.

The colleges are presumable private.

There's already laws against exposing your junk. The pants aren't the problem in that equation.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Seems to me some folks are playing the "how low can you go?" game with the thought it mind that the lower you go the more "chill'in" you are.

I guess the ultimate cool would then be the "I just got off the crapper and forgot to pull my pants up" look.

Sagg'in as a sign of protest? A sign of defiance and individualism? I could think of a gajillion other ways of doing that without making oneself look absolutely pathetic.

But that's just me I guess.

So now I'm wondering if the ladies in 'hood did it, would that be a really cool thing or not?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Seems to me some folks are playing the "how low can you go?" game with the thought it mind that the lower you go the more "chill'in" you are.

I guess the ultimate cool would then be the "I just got off the crapper and forgot to pull my pants up" look.

Sagg'in as a sign of protest? A sign of defiance and individualism? I could think of a gajillion other ways of doing that without making oneself look absolutely pathetic.

But that's just me I guess.

So now I'm wondering if the ladies in 'hood did it, would that be a really cool thing or not?

Some chicks do do this. Not really cool because it's the same look, boxers and pants down to their ass.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Some chicks do do this. Not really cool because it's the same look, boxers and pants down to their ass.

Young suburban white guys, too. I watched a couple of 'em pull up their getup to run for the train at RTD's Lincoln station.

It's just another extreme fashion statement of which there have been many. Codpieces. Bare breasts during the Renaissance. Corsets. Bustles. Beehives. Zoot suits. miniskirts. hot pants.

And there's always somebody expressing some sort of disdain or outrage.

Forgive me if I yawn.

Nov 25, 2013
Maybe there *should* be a law after all:

NSFW

NSFW

Please be more considerate of those who log in from work.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Maybe there *should* be a law after all: NSFW pics removed.

This is about what people are doing, but they don't look that good and are dirty. Then they sit that sweating ass onto public seating.

Last edited by a moderator:

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Plumbers beware.

And the article claims the law is: wearing pants two inches below your natural waistline, fines or possible jail time.

Town bored much?