Mysterious socket on DFI 975X Infinity

alizee

Aug 11, 2005
What is this power socket on the DFI 975X? I'm thinking about purchasing this board, but my power supply doesn't have that connector, at least I don't think it does. I may purchase another power supply with this, but I don't know what it's called.

Pic, with red highlighted goodness

Also, is there a reason for not purchasing this board? I can't find any reviews. I'm either going to go cheap and pair it with a Pentium D 805 or pony up the "big bucks" for an E6300. This board seems like a good price for 975X, and I'm on a pretty tight budget. Also, does anybody know about incompatibilities between Conroe and Patriot DDR2-800?

Thanks

ForgetCassettes

Golden Member
Dec 11, 2003
I'm using an E6400 with Patriot DDR2-800 and a Gigabyte DS3 board. I haven't had any issues at all. It's very stable overclocked to 3.2 GHz.

Billyzeke

Jul 7, 2006
The 8 pin connector is for the new atx 2.2 powersupplys. I have read that some people have just plugged the 4 pin 12v into it since it fits only one way leaving the other 4 open and had no problems. If your going to overclock though I would recommend getting a new atx 2.2 powersupply or at least one of these 4 pin to 8 pin adapter