my Yahoo Personal ads

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Descartes

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Baked
How can you be a virgin w/ a earning like that? Bitches will flock to you like white people on black friday when they find out how much you make.

LOL. Right.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
NO NO NO, you want to set youself apart from all the other guys with the same type of ad!

be cocky and funny.

something like

about me: What about me? I'm awesome. I know I'm awesome, it's ok, you can admit it. I can't say I blame you, hell I wish I were like me... wait, I am like me... SELF HIGH FIVE *gives self high-five*. Intersest? I'm pretty interesting, if you don't agree, then this, you and I, isn't going to work.

I'm a selfish prick, so run away, little girl. Feel free to try to change me.

Who I'd like to meet:
Exotic people with a good sense of humor; don't bother messaging me if you're not a 11 (10's are not good enough for me). Unless of course, I took pity on you and message you first. Oh, and no stalkers please.

The way I see it is, everyone else's scale is 10, and that's just too common. When you go up to a 10. where can you go? nowhere but down. So I want that little extra push to put you over to 11.

Did I mention a good sense of humor?

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
Trust me, most women don't look for mates on those sites anyhow. They just post their profiles for fun. You'd have more luck trying to hookup with coworkers, at church, or even find a singles club....if you want to take a chance. Better yet, enroll in some 100 level college courses somewhere. You can probably audit them so they won't count for anything....and you'll have an excuse to be on campus...then just start hitting on every girl there and tell the college kids how much money you make. Have a ring ready and BAM you'll be set for marraige. :D

I've shagged/dated/whatever at least a couple dozen women from online sites. They're crazier than the garden variety "meet them at the supermarket type" but it's still a good place to hook up.

Scarpozzi: you must suck at the dating thing then...

iwearnosox: Why they don't shop at the supermarket? I have found it doesn't matter where you meet them...crazy is in their blood sometimes.

I will say very few are looking for 'mates' online...same difference with dating in general; most are looking for fun and excitement. Only someone desperate would go into a new relationship thinging ahead to a mate.

It's about practicing mating though.

bennylong

Platinum Member
Apr 20, 2006
Originally posted by: alkemyst
Originally posted by: iwearnosox
Originally posted by: Scarpozzi
Trust me, most women don't look for mates on those sites anyhow. They just post their profiles for fun. You'd have more luck trying to hookup with coworkers, at church, or even find a singles club....if you want to take a chance. Better yet, enroll in some 100 level college courses somewhere. You can probably audit them so they won't count for anything....and you'll have an excuse to be on campus...then just start hitting on every girl there and tell the college kids how much money you make. Have a ring ready and BAM you'll be set for marraige. :D

I've shagged/dated/whatever at least a couple dozen women from online sites. They're crazier than the garden variety "meet them at the supermarket type" but it's still a good place to hook up.

Scarpozzi: you must suck at the dating thing then...

iwearnosox: Why they don't shop at the supermarket? I have found it doesn't matter where you meet them...crazy is in their blood sometimes.

I will say very few are looking for 'mates' online...same difference with dating in general; most are looking for fun and excitement. Only someone desperate would go into a new relationship thinging ahead to a mate.

It's about practicing mating though.

Should I say, "Looking for a drinking parnter?" Or would that picture me as a drunk?

Here's my edited ad after taking in suggestions

http://personals.yahoo.com/us/personals-1154664292-376636

There's even a website for online dating profile help.

http://www.personalstrainer.com/home-1.aspx

Feb 10, 2000
Here is some more constructive criticism. Please don't take offense at any of it.

You should really say "athletic" build, rather than "slim," since it looks like you are athletic.

That picture looks kinda creepy. Get someone to take a pic of you outside, or take a timer shot. The obviously handheld self-photo just looks a little odd.

Since you have a rather unusual first name, I'd just say "B," or put in "I'll tell you later."

Put SOME other interests in there than computers/internet, even if that's where you spend much of your time. You want to come off like a Renaissance man, not a shut-in.

Since you make a pretty good income, I'd put it in, unless you are very private about that.

I'd suggest that, ironically, you'll get more responses if you're more specific in defining what you're looking for. I seriously doubt you really want to date someone 7'11", for example. Leaving everything that wide open comes off as a little desperate.

Most importantly, you really need more text, and something that shows some sense of humor. You need to convey that you're a fun person to be with, not just someone looking for companionship. Try to write something that makes you laugh, even if you're laughing at yourself. Fun is the key - you need to convey that dating you will be a blast.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito
The virgin thing is terrible marketing. It will interest maybe 2% of women and scare off at least 80%. Don't lie about your height, whatever it is. Leave off the "no drug addicts need apply," because there are relatively few female drug addicts, and it makes you sound like a germophobe. You will need to craft a livelier, more creative narrative part of the ad, because (no offense meant) you are kind of at a disadvantage due to your height. You need to better convey your personality if you want to have a chance.

so how you doing? Seeing anyone? :lips:

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: DonVito
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

so how you doing? Seeing anyone? :lips:

Yeah, but she's a real whack job. Dating but looking . . .

:heart:

oh wait...just remembered that you're a JAG:heart:

ah crap...I just remembered you are a guy...:brokenheart:

*puts the Don's # in his wallet for a rainy day...*

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Goosemaster

:heart:

oh wait...just remembered that you're a JAG:heart:

ah crap...I just remembered you are a guy...:brokenheart:

*puts the Don's # in his wallet for a rainy day...*

BWAHAHAHAHA!!! Look me up anytime, sailor!